Who do you guys think should pay on the first date?

I personally think that if a guy asks me on a date then he should pay because he asked me. I also think that both parties should discuss who's going to pay before the date (so that it isn't a problem) or come up with a mutual agree like one person can pay for diner and the other person can pay for the movie or like someone can pay for the movie tickets and the other person can buy the snacks.
  • The girl
  • The guy
  • They should split it 50/50
    Vote C

2134

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't split nothing unless it's a Sadie Hawkins dance or something like that. If a guy wants to take you out on a date and asks you, then he should be full on ready to foot the entire bill based on his decision of places to go. But girls unless you are just friends or want to keep things on a friendly level then let that guy pick it up. Now every once in awhile if you want to do something nice for you guy then sure you foot the bill. Now if you are the one asking him out then maybe it's not a bad idea for you to foot the bill that one time, and if he's any kind of a gentleman he wouldn't let you pay anyways

Most Helpful Girl

• On a first date going 50/50 or a compromise of sorts is definitely the way to go. Even the gesture of offering or a token that you are not expecting to be handed everything in a potential relationship speaks volumes.

If you enjoyed the date, and you went out to dinner and the guy pays, offer to go someplace for dessert and the girl pays for that. Or your movie idea works well too.

If the date went badly... well that’s another story but I’d still want to pay my share so there isn’t a sense of obligation or guilt.