I don't have any social life and never have had a girlfriend. What can be done? How do others even get relationships?

Ever since high school when I moved to another town and left my friends behind, I've had very little friends. I wouldn't go to proms, wouldn't hang out with anybody, wouldn't go to games (well other than with my dad sometimes), nothing. I'd sit by myself at the lunch table. You get the image.

I'm in my second year of community college now and my life is the same as expected. But since I'm turning 20 in less than a month, a switch went off in my head. I'm beginning to feel so far behind my peers socially, like I'm missing out on life. It's finally getting to me. Perhaps I'll get better when I eventually transfer over to a 4-year university? I don't know. I just feel like the North Korea of folks my age. Behind, no allies/friends, and cut off from society. A hermit. My biggest fear is remaining like this forever and not finding anybody. Any advice? I'm scared.
Updates:
I think I may have social anxiety disorder or something too. For example, if there is company coming over to the house, I'll try and avoid them as much as I can. But I want that to change. I've had enough!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 2

• Take it easy! I will recommend you to see your time and enter to an active that you like a lot (like basketball or a reading group idk) that will first give you a control environment that you like and second it will help you to get in touch with people that like the same thing that you that's a great way to get new friends, then suddenly you will have a new social life!

0|1
    0|0
  • Bro Really the only advice I can give you is to put yourself out there, and have a little more self confidence

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes