Do you think people can help what their attracted to?

Do you think people can help what they find physically attractive?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I believe that to be possible. I do not know how far this will get one but I believe it to be possible because at some point we all learned to like something we previously disliked. I, for example, sometimes experience a desire to eat carrots because I was forced to eat them and every now and again my brain thinks it's a good idea - only to the be just shy of throwing up when eating them. If this is possible then I believe that changing what one is attracted to, albeit not necessarily what one likes, to be a possible subject to change.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No I think it can change. At one time you might find a certain type attractive and the next the complete opposite

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Well, what you're attracted to is definitely something that's very much learned. I grew up as one of the few non-white guys in a small, rural town and it's not lost on me that to this day, I sort of have an attraction to that white trash look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe? But ultimately we shouldn't want to change that. You love who you love and whoever that is is fine with me. But if its something illegal i'd encourage you not to act on it bevause i never mind pedophiles being attracted to kids, but i do severely mind them acting on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think what people are attracted to is heavily related to the environment they are raised in. There is a similarity and familiarity psychological effect that causes people to like what they're used to and like what's similar. Do I think that people can change the type they're attracted to? Maybe, but I think they would have to live in a certain area with the majority of the population being what they're trying to be attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can condition yourself to being attracted to certain attributes but I'd say its much more difficult to do so than to have some else condition you, it like trying to tickle yourself possible but hard

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If we could help it then attraction would never be an issue to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Its just what they prefer. You like what you like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, would make life much easier, if we could.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes especially males

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. The brain can be conditioned

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys