Should I stay away from dating until I know what I want?

I've recently dated a few girls with the idea of seeing how things go. But i end up getting heart broken because i tend to be laid back, maybe too much, and not take any initiative to steer things in a certain direction, casual or serious. The girls usually lose interest and move on. One girl i dated, i went into it knowing i didn't want anything serious just something casual. I was assertive and made moves on her at the right times. Whereas when i "see how things go" im not assertive and almost leave things up to her. But i suppose this also depends on what she wants aswell.

97

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to stay away from dating until you know exactly the reason why you have any business dating in the first place. Let alone what you really need in a partner. You need to learn to take things a little bit more slow and start off as friends first before you even think about trying to date somebody. That way you know who they are as people, you have an idea of what they're looking forward towards in the future. You will understand their intentions, and get to know their values, views, beliefs, principal, faith, Etc. Especially when it concerns about sex because not everybody believes in having sex before marriage, and forcing certain beliefs and values on people can be very devastating to a relationship and cause great misunderstanding. Things like politics, abortion, religion, children, family life is extremely important. These are often things that must be talked about in the very beginning before you even think about dating or within the first stages of dating before becoming official. And all the times people don't want to talk about the past and they history in fear of losing potential Partners which is the wrong thing to be concerning about. A lot of people that do this are often not serious partners and just want somebody who they can fool around and messes for the time being in hopes that it will become a lot more serious. This is why such matters concerning their relationships often fail because they don't prioritize these things. And often get with the wrong kind of Partners.

Most Helpful Guy

• You've got to have some input into any relationship, what you put in you'll get back. It's a two way thing, if you give her love, attention, respect and you put effort in then she will do the same for you. By being laid back, the girl may feel that your not interested in her, you have to take the initiative sometimes and steer the relationship in different directions to try new things and explore new things. Being heart broken means you truly got to love the person you was with. Build your confidence don't just 'see how things go' take an active role to see how exiting a relationship can be. Relationships are adventures, if you don't try then you will always fail