On a date site: how can I phrase "i want a best friend I can kiss, please dont call me sexy" without alienating those type of dudes?

I'm a 24 year old virgin by choice, primarily because some stuff back in high school left me freaked out about the prospect of sexual intimacy with an SO. I'm getting through it via time and therapy, and I think what is best for me is to go slow. I get really nervous if a guy casually tells me I'm "hot"/"sexy"/etc.

I think that language would be fine as the relationship develops, it'd feel safe. And anything physical is something that I can only see myself doing after months and months.

To be honest I would like it if potential dates just focused on me as a person.

I can't say all that up front, but I want to attract attention from guys who are compatible with going super slow and over time becoming a best friend I can make out with

I'd prefer especially to get feedback from people my age, but I'm new here and I don't know what the demographic is

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that is rather difficult but those who portray in a way you don't like you can easily blow off.

I think you can be pretty straight about it. If I called you sexy and you didn't like it (I never call a girl sexy unless I know her well) you could say that you prefer if I don't call you that because of past experiences but that you would like if I called you gorgeous or something. Like don't leave it with just saying you don't like it but open up other opportunities for him to compliment you. Or you can always say that you appreciate the compliment but that you prefer other words because of past traumas.

There is not really an easy way.

There are guys who will like to go slow. Me for example because I also had a relationship which made me feel unable to be with a woman again because our relationship ended very tragically.

I for example can't have sex with anyone now and I need time for it to feel okay as well.

• Thanks, I didn't think about leaving an opening. I really wish you the best too by the way

• Those who can't understand don't take it to heart. There are guys that will understand and support you that I promise.

It's good that you work on these traumas. I've been told that I should also. I'm just afraid what they will say. That girl was my everything and for me my soul mate. So to just meet someone new feels like betrayal and like she didn't mean anything.

I need time. You are much further than me in progress. Currently I'm just focusing on career and my goals. Maybe the rest will be solved in the process.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhm i don't think anyone is willingly going into the friendzone

• To me, friend zone = wouldn't have sexual attraction, but that's not the case here :X

• A friend to get horny with but not fuck?

• Maybe (re) read the description of my q?