Do you believe you can be in a relationship with a former marine who has ptsd?

I’m talking to this guy who has ptsd. He was a marine. He gets upset very easily. Right now I’m giving him a lot of space. I was the one who initiated the space. Do you think with enough space and patience you can have a relationship with someone who has ptsd? It’s not curable.

07

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... It is upsetting you would even ask this in my opinion. I suffer from PTSD for my own reasons that are personal to me.. but I do know that it doesn't really even affect a relationship that much. If you two really care for one another it shouldn't matter... yes loud noises will freak you out.. And other things sometimea... Yes anxiety attack happen.. And sometimes we wake up sweating and freaking out even screaming in the middle of the night... which will scare the hell out of my girl sadly. But she understands and she'll sometimes have to call me down to even get me to lay back down but since she cares for me she seems to have no problem with doing this.. Nor has any of my Ex's who had to deal eith the same issues after i explained to them why it happens and how i can't control it... Remember that He can't Control It... but other than that you guys could have a completely normal relationship.. he is a Marine! He served his country and fought to protect me and you. there is no reason you should leave him because he suffers psychological/mental injuries from doing so; if anything you should respect him even more and take care of him for it! Your right its not curable.. So if it bothers you that much and you can't look past it then you need to leave him right now. And never look back, Because that soldier deserves so much more respect and loyalty than what you'd be willing to give.

• I’m not leaving him. I like him a lot. We’re just giving each other space. We get into fights a lot bc he gets upset. He told me he had ptsd by saying “your upsetting me and I don’t know what my ptsd will do” what does that mean?

• That’s why I’m giving him space for awhile. To get his act together. Like 2 months.

• I’m only talking to him. I’m not dating him.