Can you really forget about the past troubles and mistakes in a relationship and only focus on the future and how to make it right?

Anonymous
My ex has come back for the fourth time and he tells me that he is forgetting all the trouble and mistakes in our relationship because he wants to make it right and just focus on the future. Is that a very naive thing to do?

Me on the other hand sees the trouble and mistakes as red flags and can’t let go also because I’m tired of heartache and crying every time we break up and then a week later he comes back wanting to restart again. He tells me to find empathy in my heart to try again , but that’s all I’ve done every-time we’ve tried to fix things.

What do you think? Can you really forget the past? What would you do?
4
1