I want to go out on New Year’s Eve, but I have no friends. What should I do?

I don’t have a lot of friends and the ones I do have always have some kind of excuse to not make themselves available to me.
Should I just go out by myself to a club or lounge? I really don’t want to stay home like I do every day.

Any suggestions?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out by yourself. If you see someone else out alone, man or woman, say hello. You might make a friend. I was just in a bar with my wife, it was pretty full, and there weren't two seats together at the bar. A guy kindly offered to move over one seat so we could sit together. That put him next to a young woman who was out with her girlfriend. He said hello, they started talking, and ninety minutes later they were kissing. So you never know. Have fun!

1|0
    0|0
    • Someone on here said that I'm probably going to feel like shit if I go out by myself and should stay home. Is this true?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you go, go someplace loud with a lot of people, I think you'll be fine. I used to go to concerts by myself on new years when I moved to a new city for work. No one cared after a while since it was dark inside and loud

0|0
    0|0
    • It is true that I’ll feel shit if I go alone since everyone will be with people.

• You choose what you feel. In my experience, I have made friends while alone. Sometimes no one talks to you. It depends. In some places like concerts, many people go alone because their friends don't like that type of music so they go by themselves. It's not a big deal if you don't make it a big deal. Generally people are friendly. Just watch out for guys like always and be careful of course.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Sure go out. A woman of age 25 or so showed up at trivia night all by herself after taking a new job in my very small town. She joined one of the teams and going on 2 years now she has continued to come out most nights.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m scared that I’ll be embarrassed and people will think I’m weird for going by myself.

• Show All
    • It might be true. The thing I can tell you is that I was a profoundly shy and awkward young man that did little and I regret it. I missed a great amount of the good stuff of youth because I was afraid.

• So what should I do?

• I'm planning to have a night in withouth people. I'd rather do that than spend time with snakes that don't really want to see me.
    Maybe even catch some sleep.

0|0
    0|0
  • make it a new years resolution
    that you will find friends for next year

play bingo at the center lol.. sounds exciting 😛

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t want to sit at home all alone on NYE though :(

• Show All
    • hahaah truth though! lol
      yes i rather sit at home than wonder randomly alone out there on NYE where i see everyone having a blast with friends and i just have my dick in my hand like a loser lol

at least at home you don't get that feeling hahah

• Being home sucks for me lol. It really does.

• Go outside somewhere, or find someone to talk with online. Thats what i do usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are in delhi, India... then lets hang out together... as i also have none to go

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you in Seattle? Let's go

0|0
    0|0
  • Chances are that because it's NYE you'll meet new people anyway. Whether it's at a bar or club or even just out and about. I've always met new people on NYE mostly because everyone is drunk and talks to whoever is around. If you like to dance then I don't think there's anything wrong with going to a club by yourself. You may even met someone to kiss at midnight if you're by yourself 😉 just be careful though

1|0
    0|0
    • Someone on here said that I'm probably going to feel like shit if I go out by myself and should stay home. Is this true?

• It may be true. It may not be true. It all depends on how YOU handle the situation. But I'll tell you this. Based on your question and how you're feeling, you may feel like shit if you just stay home when it seems like you really want to go out. You may regret staying at home.

• Maybe go to one of their houses?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• A good, small neighborhood bar should be welcoming to new people, and it's totally normal to go alone to that type of bar. Just sit at the bar and talk to the people next to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Could I go alone to a club?

• Show All
    • How can I meet people to go out with tomorrow?

• You could try to meet a date from Okcupid, or post in your city's Reddit group to see if there's anyone new in town looking to hang out.

• Yes boo go out by yourself don't depend on ur friends u need to go be independent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yees but make sure you are surrounded by other people also once I was out and my girls left me alone so I started randomly talking to a view groups until I found one and I did hang out with them the whole night, it was awesome! Just be open and talk to people, when they are drunk it's the easiest to do and have fun. Keep yourself sade!

0|0
    0|0

• Sorry just saw it, you need to figure out, I never felt this way so everyone is different

Recommended myTakes