I want to go out on New Year’s Eve, but I have no friends. What should I do?

I don’t have a lot of friends and the ones I do have always have some kind of excuse to not make themselves available to me.
Should I just go out by myself to a club or lounge? I really don’t want to stay home like I do every day.

Any suggestions?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out by yourself. If you see someone else out alone, man or woman, say hello. You might make a friend. I was just in a bar with my wife, it was pretty full, and there weren't two seats together at the bar. A guy kindly offered to move over one seat so we could sit together. That put him next to a young woman who was out with her girlfriend. He said hello, they started talking, and ninety minutes later they were kissing. So you never know. Have fun!

• Someone on here said that I'm probably going to feel like shit if I go out by myself and should stay home. Is this true?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you go, go someplace loud with a lot of people, I think you'll be fine. I used to go to concerts by myself on new years when I moved to a new city for work. No one cared after a while since it was dark inside and loud

• It is true that I’ll feel shit if I go alone since everyone will be with people.

• You choose what you feel. In my experience, I have made friends while alone. Sometimes no one talks to you. It depends. In some places like concerts, many people go alone because their friends don't like that type of music so they go by themselves. It's not a big deal if you don't make it a big deal. Generally people are friendly. Just watch out for guys like always and be careful of course.