How do I avoid placing all of the guys I like on pedestals?

I feel like this gets in the way of me connecting with guys I like and I do it unintentionally. So how can I train myself to be comfortable with guys I like as the guys I just see as friends?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You feel the guy friends have lower value than you and the men you desire have higher value than you. When you're around those of lower value you feel confident, when you are with people of higher value you feel less confident. It's really just perception. You must increase your confidence so your self worth increases.

Unfortunately, women tend to date up, so once you feel you have an even higher value you will value other people less. Maybe you won't feel so much for those you value highly now. Cycle continues. LOL.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Breath count to 3 and take it slow , you don't want to seem to desperate but you don't want to be to closed find a nice median where both parties get a long. Practice on friends etccc... Guys have the same problem to.

0|0
    0|0
  • My uncle told me something a long time ago that still sticks with me today maybe this helps
    They have a butt hole that poop comes out of just like everybody else

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm hella guilty of this. I kinda try to analyze my opinions of the person and ask myself why I think what I do. It's better to realize that you're putting someone on a pedestal than to just do it subconsciously.

0|0
    0|0
  • You make more friends and come to understand and learn about their shortcomings. After that you realise no one is perfect and deserves to be put on a pedestal.

0|0
    0|0
  • First learn to know yourself and your value. Soon as you realise all that you are, you will see that pedestals aren't required.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypnotize yourself. Pretend they have doodie faces.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes