Guys, If your girlfriend asks to look through your phone... do you let her? If NO why not?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• For the most part no. I don't want a girl that needs to run through my messages in order to reassure herself that I'm not secretly lying about being a decent, respectable person. I'm not a cheater. I'm not a fuckboy. But my phone is my phone and that shit is mainly for me. Of course if she's cuddled up with me while I'm on my phone and she's peeking at my phone then sure, couldn't care less. Maybe even let her borrow it a sec at that point if she wanted to just see what I was doing. The part that gets to me is when they start demanding you hand over your phone so they can check.

2|1
    0|0
    • If your not a cheater then you probably wouldn't even get asked... women usually no already

• Well if I'm not cheating and I'm not getting asked for my phone then that's all the better for both of us lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn’t ask my boyfriend if I could look through his phone. It’s not my business, and if I had any suspicions I would confront him directly. Why would anyone want to be with someone that trusts them so little that they need to check their phone?

2|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes people start actin strange like putting phone down quick... just to make sure before you get mad for nothing... majority won't let you look because it's bad stuff in it... well thats why i lock mines.

• Then I would ask him about it and confront him directly instead of trying to look for things in his phone. I wouldn’t let my boyfriend look in my phone, but I don’t have anything to hide. I just expect him to respect my privacy and to trust me.

• That's beautiful

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• Yes and no.

One to see her reaction to me saying no.
    The other reason I'd say no, is to respect my friend's and family's wishes to not disclose what we have talked about with anyone else. I've promised to keep conversations secret that I've had with friends and family, so those would be things I wouldn't let anyone see. I would tell her this and hope she would respect that.

If she is looking or searching anything else on my phone, that's fine with me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not only do I not let her look through my phone, I would probably tell her "no, and if you don't trust me then she should find someone else." I don't have the patience for that level of insecurity. I would be wondering what was the next thing she would demand.

1|0
    0|0
  • I got confidential information regarding people and friends, I have super funny friends group and my phone may be full of naughty messages (not cheating ones). I have thousand of photos of my friend dong very private things, though very funny but they trust me with it and I like to keep it that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • its none of her business whats in my phone, but i have nothing to hide.

first we talk about why she feels the need to invade my privacy. if it makes sense, i'll yield and let her look. but to be honest, if she needs to check stuff like that, the relationship is pretty much over.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she asks me first and doesn't hold a track record for not doing so the first 214 times, absolutely !! She knows I am freakish and a pervert, so she should really not be that surprised...
    Besides that, I never have anything stored that has to be kept a secret for my partner...

... in places she knows of or doesn't have the first clue how to use anyway... !!!
    Ha!

Joking... or something!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if wife counts too but since we are togetherness even beforehand we married me and her, we never had a passcode on our phones, I let her take it anytime she wants and she does the same and I think that’s the resin that’s we trust each other it’s only suspicious when you say: no you can’t look at my phone.
    When you love each other then there’s is no secrets!

1|0
    0|0
  • No because she needs to understand that I need my privacy and that, if she wants to do this, that means she doesn't trust me. If she doesn't trust me, there is no point in being in a relationship. Trust is the base of a relationship. If you remove the base of anything, it crumbles.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea😂 when and if the time comes when I have a girlfriend for long enough... yes, until then, no... because then she can see all the memes I would end up sending her so they would no longer be as good 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No because I'm entitled to my own privacy, same as her. I would never ask to see my girlfriends phone because it's an invasion of both privacy and trust. If my girl did that to me I'd be pretty pissed

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm paranoid enough to have my phone encypted, same as anything remotely sensitive on my pc... So no, not without very close supervision. At the same time I wouldn't ask anything like that from her

1|0
    0|0
  • Although there isn't anything of interest on my phone besides games and crap, I'd like to know the reason why she would want to look through my phone in the first place.

It reeks of trust issues, invasion of privacy and just plain lack of respect.

I don't ask my partner to roam through her phone because I trust her and I don't care what is on her phone. Everybody is allowed to have some privacy in their life and showing a bit of trust can go a long way.

I mean while you're at it, why don't you ask for a blood sample, review their taxes, check his underwear for skid marks, frig, should a guy be in a relationship with someone who acts like their mom who needs to know everything?

1|0
    0|0
  • No chance.

1.) Search histories are embarrassing.
    2.) I’m a techie. My device is one of my babies and I spend a lot of time optimizing it. Any chance of a setting accidentally getting changed will keep me up at night haha.
    3.) All of my usernames and passwords for everything, right down to my banking info, is saved on my phone if you know where to dig. I may trust someone with that today, but unpredictable breakups happen. I’ll gladly enter my card numbers or website passwords myself if you ask me to, but that doesn’t entitle anyone to dig around and learn them for themselves.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well I have nothing to hide, so I don't really care. However if she makes a habit out of it I'd have to raise the issue and figure out why.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because I don't really have anything on my phone. Take it anytime you want

2|0
    0|0
  • Um, tell her this is really weird but since she's my girlfriend I won't make a huge deal out of it and let her check it. But then I'll tell her don't make a habit out of it cuz it's the last time she gets to. Relationships are based on trust and love

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would let her, but would start questioning why/our relationship. in my opinion a relationship is based on honesty, openness and trust. Is she'd still feel the need to check my phone, something would be wrong. Besides that, I think that an individual still has a right/need for privacy so I'd never ask my girlfriend to check her phone. Apart from giving her her privacy, I also don't want to check her phone as I might misinterpret things, don't know the context of a text,... leading to problems in the relationship.
    Besides, I'm a guy, I' m bound to do or say stupid things at somepoint and she should be able to vent her frustration to a close friend without being worried I might read it :)

1|1
    0|0
  • If she wants to use my phone I couldn't care less but if she tries to look through it searching for something to find then hell no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, she can go right ahead. All I got is goofy pictures of her.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have a lot of shit pictures and memes on my phone, i would die if someone sees them

3|0
    0|0
  • It's not about having nothing to hide. If she doubts me she shouldn't be with me.

2|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• No guy should have to do that, since he isn't a prisoner who needs to be checked up on, but if his girlfriend treats him that way, she shouldn't be his girlfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • They should if they have nothing to hide!!! Im just getting over a four year relationship with my ex beacuse outta the 4 years we were together he always had the same password to unlock his phone well he changed it so right there showed me he was bullshit

0|1
    1|0
    • There's a couple of reasons why you don't give her the phone. 1 once you start that shit. She thinks it's ok and she just starts going wherever she want's.
      You know what the problem is.
      We live in a disposable world and we are all so use to just throughout everything, when we get tired of it. We think there's always something better out there for us.
      The problem is we're pack too tightly together in these cities. If we were spread out a little bit more. We wouldn't have to keep up with the Joneses, or maybe we realized that a relationship is something that we're supposed to work at to become better people.

• If you don't trust him then why were u with him? if u even have to ask to look through his phone that's a sign you doubt him

• I think you should have access to his phone and he have access to mine if he hiding things make me wonder what his hiding. Had an ex cheat on me that one of things he held his cell phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think a woman should ask to go through her man's phone and vice versa. Everyone has a right to privacy. If you suspect the person is doing something wrong you should talk to them about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn’t want them to... not that i have anything to hide but simply because it’s personal and there should be an abundance of trust in a healthy relationship!

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have to ask to look through his phone then you don't need to be with him. thats a sign of insecurity and lack of trust

0|0
    0|0
    • You might not be insecure he just has switch up on you which is probably a sign of cheating

• When I say you I'm referring to women

• Yeah I'm just saying if I even felt that id have to look through his phone I'd leave. obviously I don't trust him and for a reason. trust your instincts

• I had a friends with benefits previously and he decided it was reason enough to go through my phone by tricking me, needless to say that was the end of that. My current boyfriend however lets me use his whenever I need to or he'll ask me to reply to people for him and he'll use mine. There's no awkwardness around it, but I haven't specifically asked to go through his phone, that'd make me look suspicious and he'd wonder why.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes