Would you eventually text a girl if she has your favorite book once you lent?

He lent me his favorite book that he was talking about and I asked if he could give me the first book of series so I can read. So he lent me the book. We've been dating since 9 days, and saw each other 4 times so far, and once I stayed over at his place, once he stayed at my place, but we didn't have sex because i think it's too early. I feel like he is losing interest and i wanna give him space and so i won't be texting him for couple days. Would he call me for the book? Should I wait for his text or call whether he wants to take me out to another date? He multiple times indicated that we are dating but i am not really sure if he is into me, because i didn't have sex.

02