How do you react to a girl putting you on a pedestal?

I feel like this is a bad thing..

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a bad thing. The person who put you on a pedestal would have unrealistic expectations of you. So you'd always be striving to prove yourself worthy by tying to match up to their expectations of you

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• it IS a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's actually NORMAL... Modern people are the freaks. From the beginning of mankind until now, women looking up to men has been and always will be normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is definitely a bad thing. I would hate if a guy did that with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Feel free to get off it anytime.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• How high is this pedestal? Will I need a ladder to get down? I'd jump but I have bad knees.

1|0
    0|0
    • She opened a text at 4am to say we will be perfect together (we've never met irl)

• You should probably dispose of all your electrical devices and change your address. I can see a knife wielding looney in your future.

• Bad! Tell her to stop that shot and be a man. Gonfor her like a fucking Robbin hunting for a worm. Be a man, no more chasing! Get it done and ask her out or whatever you’re doing with these sheep bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't like it. By doing that she'll almost certainly set unrealistic expectations and see things that aren't there and when she realises that, it's my fault she never saw the reality of the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be humble and don't act cocky. She's probably just newly in love with you and can see no flaw in you yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a nice little ego boost.
    But not something I would want from an SO.
    I would want her by my side on top of that pedestal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wait... What does "be in a pedestal" means, exactly (her behavior)?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is bad. As soon as you do something lowly, she will get a wave of disappointment. Best thing to do is disappoint her early.

0|0
    1|0
  • I find it odd as men aren't usually put on a pedestal, women are.

I like it though, makes me feel special

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d feel flattered, but then my low self-esteem would come into play and try to make things clear with her that I am entirely undeserving of said pedestal lol. Besides, I’m a person, not an object. It’s fine to think highly of someone, but to actually place them on a pedestal above your own is a big issue, because it creates a false and often very idealistic perception of that person in your mind, and all without the other person’s knowledge? That feels like a violation of privacy when it gets that far, lol. So it all depends on how high it goes, I guess I’d say.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bad thing... And I don't like it because it makes me feel like I'm her property or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • meh xD it's kind of flattering.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • enjoy it

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy it while it lasts