Ex wants to get back together, I want him to wait and see, would you wait?

My ex came back after the 5th time of breaking up, we’ve had issues, which were red flags and he wants to make things right and solve it. It’s been so up and down that I’m just exhausted. He thinks because it’s a new year, we should forget about the past and just focus on the future. He thinks we shouldn’t throw away what we had and thinks we can solve it together. Last time we broke up, we made it clear that it wasn’t working as there’s no solution to our problem and now he’s back again.

I’m very tired of restarting relationships and I personally don’t want to jump into one right now, I need to get my life back on track and the breakups have been very disruptive that I can’t do anything else. I want to just tell him that. Would you wait for someone if they aren’t ready to jump back into a relationship with you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to stop repeating the same mistakes. The New Year is a good excuse to leave that ex behind, not invite him back into your life to repeat the same behaviour.

Women never seem to be able to let their ex bfs go, they are always jumping back into their bed, arms, or messages. Let it go!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that. You’ve tried to make it work multiple times already. It doesn’t and you both know that it doesn’t work.

You need to tell him that you’re not interested in getting back together and that you never will be again. You want to focus on yourself, and that doesn’t make you selfish. He’s just exhausting and too much drama.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• You should go with your instinct and have him wait. It's not to say that you chew can't go out for a cup of coffee or a cocktail and talk about things but I would hold off on the relationship thing until you are comfortable with the results of those discussions. As a guy I have tried 2 make it work in the past and found that some things will just never change.

0|0
    0|0
  • wait and pump the brakes if you give a person a second or third chance and it doesn't work out after the 5th its definitely not working time to move on however hard it my be unless you just don't want to be happy. Sounds to me like he is using you for his own happiness on his own terms and pissing on yours.

1|0
    0|0
  • B. t. w. telling someone "wait and see" in this situation means "wait, and then YES" so don't say that. You need to get rid of each other.
    I hope you guys don't have kids?
    Never get back together. Ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you want him back later on or would you rather move on completely. I've been messaging my ex not sure how she feels about it guess I'll ask her. Can he help you get things on track again? Talk to him if he's understanding guy he loves you still probably wants you to feel happy once he gets past his intentions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you have to wait , think about if it's going to work that's good.
    If it's not tell him to move on on his life and he will find another girl and you too will find another good man.
    So don't make a quick move now till you think about it from all different ways and angels.
    Wish you good luck and to him too.

0|0
    0|0
  • After 5 times breaking up it may be enough to understand it will not work? Or maybe you need a 6th breakup? Just repeat you gave each other 5 chances already. And both of you agreed the relationship can't work at the 5th breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • "When you let someone go there are two options:
    If he doesn't come back, you made the right decision.
    If he comes back, it means no one took him"

1|0
    0|0
  • All I wanna know is why you’re 30-35 and asking such a question that is so obvious a women of your status and experience should already know the answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 times is getting on a bit now. I think you should be honest and tell him how you feel. He can't fault you for being honest even if your response isn't what you want to hear.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5th time? Move on, if not I'm sure the issues will arise again. You hear of domestic abuse cases were he/she was welcomed back cause he/she promises to change. Beware false promises.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had i would say wait and see if he had changed in any sort of way, i say this because i had family and friends having these types of relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like communism man, only without the millions of victims.

What makes you think it'll work out this time?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll just be friends and see where it goes seems like both of you are very immature

0|0
    0|0
  • Since you two have broken up five times already means it is not meant to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let him wait. I had my ex come back and leave again far too quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • damn you to must be damn good in bed to get back together 5 times

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on and enjoy being single, toxic relationships are not healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I would wait, if I really like you

0|0
    0|0
  • Five time is enough. End it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5th time of breaking up?

Be done with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't even read the full thing. This isn't fucking Jenga, boo. Somebody who is going to build you up just to knock you down again isn't worth it. This is not the CPSU there should be no red flags!! Run!!

0|0
    0|0
  • If he wants to forget about the past then he should start with giving u sometime to see the change in him... Not jumping back into a worded relationship... Love is not just lip action so know ur worth and say NOT FOR NOW... OR LAY UR TURST BACK ON HIS LINE...

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on.
    Get your life together and find someone more compatible.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes