Does this ever work out?

So a friend got a woman pregnant. She’s like 14 years older than him, it was a drunken mistake and he doesn’t seem to like the age difference. He said he is going to try with her until he rules her out. He said he didn’t want to be with her a few weeks ago however they are trying to work things out because of the unborn child. However, he said that after he rules her out he and I could be together. She asked him if he wanted to try things or be a single dad, which I thought was kinda messed up...
So if he has no feelings for her, already has it in his head he doesn’t want to be with her and just trying to work on things because of the baby, how will it work out?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• It almost never works.

This is something that bothers me a little. I understand that until women have universal access to "pro-choice" options, men's reproductive rights shouldn't even be on the table, but I have the conversation about unwanted pregnancies before I ever get involved with someone. I'm not ready to be a father, and I'm not interested in having huge child support payments for the rest of my life for a child I may never get to see, so I don't sleep with people who aren't on birth control or wouldn't consider abortion or adoption in case of an unwanted pregnancy. I'll have kids when I'm ready, thank you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah well she said she was but obviously turned out to be a lie. Even he thinks that she lied about it. He doesn’t really want the kid but she is keeping it because of her age and her previous 2 attempts. So...

Most Helpful Girl

• "He said he is going to try with her until he rules her out. He said he didn’t want to be with her a few weeks ago however they are trying to work things out because of the unborn child." = He hasn't decided that he doesn't want to be with her yet.

"However, he said that after he rules her out he and I could be together." = he is guaranteeing you will be there if things go so wrong her and/or the baby so that he still has someone to fall back on.

"So if he has no feelings for her, already has it in his head he doesn’t want to be with her and just trying to work on things because of the baby, how will it work out?" = he hasn't decided to leave her yet and he may fall head over heels with the baby when its born.

This seems to be a waiting game until either the baby is born and he sees how he feels about it and/or she just tells him to go and never return and that what he does.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No honestly I don’t think that’s it. I don’t think he’ll be able to be with with her. He has already told me he doesn’t want to be with her. But he wants to try with her for the baby. He wants to rule her out before he and I maybe get together. I’m guessing that way he can say he tried it with her and it didn’t work

• Exactly. Look at what he does not what he says so much.

• Yeah that night he was so affiliated on me, he looked like he was a lion on hunt, he was so far up my butt any closer it would’ve been sexual, he found any way to touch me and every time I would say that a guy was hot where we were he seemed to get jealous and/or mad. So what are you saying?