Is he right or jealous?

When we went out, I came across an old friend from high school. It was such a nice surprise and he gave me his hand to dance. So, we danced for a long time. While we were doing it, i noticed his hands lowering a tad too close to my butt and that was my cue to stop him. I told him I had a boyfriend and introduced him. Then, we said our goodbyes. My boyfriend was not happy. He said i shouldn't have danced with him and that he wanted me. I don't think i did anything wrong. We danced, that was it and when he started crossing a line I ended it. Why's that a big deal? Maybe he's just jealous

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well maybe. Lets look at this from a different angle lets say you and your boyfriend switched places... Your boyfriend tells you thay you are going to go dancing at a fancy restaurant you put on your best dress your dancing shoes and off you go... Your sitting at your table you see your boyfriend talking to an attractive women with long golden hair... They start dancing and laughing... You have no idea who that girl is... Your boyfriend is dancing and enjoying the evening and you are left alone at your table with nothing and nobody... Personally dancing with him wasn't the problem the problem was not introducing him to your boyfriend before hand...

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You were dancing with a guy your boyfriend doesn't know about, how would you feel if your boyfriend would enjoy himself with another person while you were sitting at a table and be bored? Your boyfriend should be the only one you should dance with, if you weren't in a relationship everything would be fine but you're not. If you're in a relationship you then you can't dance with everyone you want. You're just not ready to be in a relationship yet or else you wouldn't have danced with another guy and would've said "it's no big deal"

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Both yes and no. People don't typically dance together platonically unless they've been friendly for a good while, so your actions were kind of leading on the other dude.
    Your boyfriend probably thinks the same way about this kinda thing so had to have thought that the dance was meant to be provocative.

2|1
    0|0
  • nah i think you were fine. you were friends, and acted as such. even more trustworthy is that when his hands began to wander you stopped it then and there.

he's jealous so he's blaming you, but you haven't done anything wrong.

1|0
    1|1
  • Personally I would have wanted you to spend your time dancing with me if I was your boyfriend. Why did you spend so long dancing with him? Even if you say nothing else happend dancing can be fun and intimate and spending so long dancing with another guy can leave a impression.

Guys can also be very protective about there girls. Especially if this guy was looking at you a certain way... even more so if his hand was going south.

1|0
    0|0
    • Girls can also be as protective as guys at least I can 😅. I totally agree with your opinion 😊 !

• Show All
    • Like I already said I'm not going to suger coat your disrespectful and rude behavior towards me !

• ... Okay? I really don't understand what I did but okay go ahead and block me have a good day.

• You need rules that applies to the both of you. If its ok for you to dance with someone, then its ok for him to. Would you mind him dancing with a good looking lady? Equality is paramount in a good relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should always treat your partner like he's the only one in your life. Why dance with another guy when your own boyfriend is right there.

Wouldn't it feel awkward for him to just sit around alone while his girl is being embraced by another guy?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think what you did was probably wrong I think you should not have danced with your X I think he had a right to feel the bad about it

1|0
    0|0
  • He's right, but also jealous. You almost lead your friend on, good thing you wasn't dumb.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just jealous, and perhaps understands the situation differently from you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah he is right and jealous

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes