If anyone can offer me advice on how to not wear my heart on my sleeve, please do?

Every girl that has ever rejected me has always done it in a nice way, where they try not to hurt me and apologise all the time, but they always do hurt me.

In the year I finished secondary school, there was this girl I really liked the entire year, but I only realised how much she meant to me near the end. I wanted to tell her how I felt about her before we all seperated for college at this birthday party. We all started drinking at the house before we went down the town to the pub, but she went straight home after the party. So I took this chance to walk her home and open up to her. To tell her the truth..
She was very drunk from the party, and on the way home she tried kissing me, flashing me,. All the rest. This was out of character of her, and I didn't take, or want to take, advantage of her. I wanted the real girl, the one I,... The one I fell in love with.. And while she flashed her chest at me for the last time, I pulled her jumper back down, pulled her close and told her out straight... She just hugged me, said sorry but I only see you as a brother, and walked off home by herself...

This is only one girl who broke my heart. I know I should have waited until she was sober, but I didn't have time. I'm not the type of guy to fuck around. I haven't been with any girl, ever. I am both longing to be with a girl who genuinely cares for me. But I'm also terrified she'll leave me.

If anyone has read this far into this post, can you please give me advice? I wear my heart on my sleeve. Over thinking about my love life thus far has only given me depression and anxiety. I'm only 19, but I've already tried taking my own life. But I chickened out. I didn't do it

I want to start 2018 with a positive mindset, with a hope that I won't be such a wimp. I've been told I'm a gentleman,. But all that's brought me is misery. The thought of being single crosses my mind every day and it hurts me. I cry myself to sleep most nights because of this..

Please save me from myself

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• You're not ready for a relationship until you're 100% happy with your single life. Fuck relationships. Instead of crying at night, you should be focusing on bettering yourself, pursuing your goals etc etc.

Put yourself out there, approach women talk to women, be the best person you can be and you'll get there. There's no need to worry.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks man. I've never been comfortable being myself at all. I was bullied in primary school, and some of that shit has stuck with me ever since.

It's so difficult trying to be yourself after that, as well as lumbering all the rejections I've had

• All good man. Yeah, I see where you're coming from. If you're anything like me, you'll develop a lot in the next few years. I got to 18 and had never been with a girl, a girl showed interest in me, got my hopes up, I poured my heart out to her and the she suddenly vanished and pretended I didn't exist. Took me a good year to get over that, but I learnt a lot about myself during that time. It's all a learning process, developing as a person and working out what works and what doesn't.

• Thank you. It really does help someone else has been in the same boat as me

Recommended myTakes