Is it really possible for a High School relationship to last?

I’m currently in a serious relationship, and we have plans for the future already. I know it seems stupid for us to talk about all of those things, but we’re both old enough and mature enough to understand it. He’s a year older, and he works and drives. We both know what we want to do with our careers, we both agreed to not have children, and we both agreed on many other life decisions. I have a strong feeling that our relationship has a chance to last, we almost never have conflicts, and when we do we resolve them quickly and come to a compromise. We both love each other dearly, and I know we can’t be split apart. I don’t have any specific worries for the future... I just want to know, is it really possible we have a chance to stay together?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Like relationship it is based on what both individual expects their future to be and want they want in life.

But we all knows, (refer to that are over their teenager era) that with time our focus and want shift as we got more and more experience.

When you are a teenager, you are not 100% responsible and you are on the stage of learning so attraction, infatuation and love are looked the same. And bombarded by a false view of life and relationship by media, we all make the wrong decision but with time we see ourseleve getting stable and understand the rules of life cuz life always catchs with us in one or another ways.

So do not place urself with high expectation cuz honesty is rare thing and it takes years to ever see it fully.
    And secondly you will never know someone 100% before marriage.

To make durable, learn from previous couple mistakes and improve instead of following the same route.

Compromise is good to certain levels.
    Not fight is not always a good thing. Some people may not be happy with something but remain quiet, but one day it may burst like a bomb

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My oldest brother and his girlfriend have been together for 7 years since they graduated from high school. My brother moved to an entirely different state and they stayed together for about 2 years long distance until she moved in with him. They were high school sweethearts and still live together with their son. So, yes it’s definitely possible.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• It’s not impossible. I know a lot of cases where it has worked out. Several of my friends parents have been together since high school. Also a baby didn’t come along and make them stay together either so don’t worry about that. So it’s still possible, I would just say unlikely. Especially if one of y’all are moving a way for school. But it looks like y’all already discussed all that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is there any reason to believe a highschool relationship won't last. I had two girlfriends, one in college and one in highschool that sounded exactly like you describe. The only difference is, in both, we never had as much as a disagreement. Ignore the fact, I didn't marry either. I did marry a rather angry woman and managed to hold it for more than 30 years. If I had a willing partner, I would still be there. Yes is the answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight up unlikely.

But I think that also has to do with the area that you live in. I think in people outside of the city have a more likely chance to marry somebody out of high school.

I work in New York City and people tend to date more frequently and selectively. Honestly I almost want to say it's a bad thing because people are really picky.

I live outside the city and I know several people that are already married with kids and they're my age at 27.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible but not always easy, I dated in high school when I was a sophomore and she was a freshman, we dated 6 years and have been married almost 14 years, but remember people change so at times you have to be strong for each other. Good luck, hope you get there one day!

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything and everything is possible when you put your mind to it you work for it and nurture it and you will be hitting your diamond anniversary in no time. You're already way ahead of the game. Good luck and Happy New Year's

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible even if it's very unlikely. My parents had friends in highschool who got married at like 16 and were one of the only couples left at their like 10 year highschool reunion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah it's possible. Obviously, I'm not speaking from experience but it does occasionally happen. The way I see it, you have to believe that it's possible for it to happen. Don't doubt along the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is possible but pretty rare. For me personally, not even any of my friendships from high school have lasted. People just tend to change so much after that part of their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are worried what society thinks
    Society makes you doubtful
    Fuck everyone else!

You live your life and try your best. If that means marrying your highschool sweetheart do it!

0|0
    0|0
  • It certainly is for those who graduated high school before about 1960.

For anyone past that, probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• If you have a stable career and can get back to your lover within a short period of time then its possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible, I'm still with the guy I was with in High School :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very statistically unlikely

0|0
    0|0
  • One day at a time. I hope it does for you 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible, but not likely.
    I thought the same thing too with my high school love, but you get older and things change. You thrive for different things and experiences change a person. The people I know that got married and were high school sweethearts are now cheating on each other cause they claim they "didnt get the chance to experience with other people and got tired ". Typical.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is possible. People have married their high school sweetheart for years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes