Do guys really ever fall in love or is it usually just lust they feel?

I have had a lot of bad experience with relationships and that is why i wonder. Have also seen a lot of my friends going through a lot of shit, Sometimes i feel like guys don’t fall in love like girls do, and that they only feel lust and never really care, Please tell me im wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It may be that most guys do just have a sense of lust but it doesn't apply for every guy. I fell in love in both instances of my last two relationships... however there was a negative to go with that especially in my most recent relationship. Because I fell in love it became hard initially for me to see her faults which, while it sounds great in theory, I realized once the emotions/hormones wore off I'd see the flaws all too clearly. So I broke of the relationship until we could both be mature enough to look for something more than love off which to base the relationship. Basing a relationship off of love by itself is just gonna end up getting people hurt. While some might make it work... most people feel the emotions wear off after about a year, maybe a year and a half... when that happens they stop feeling in love and the relationship falls apart.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• love does not have anything to do with the success of a relationship. because you can love someone and totally suck ass with communication. guys and girls are obviously different and people in general are different so we all think differently, and we all make mistakes. so it's important to see that just because people have issues in a relationship isn't necessarily a bad thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you fall in love? Are you human? Are guys human? There is your answer. Obviously there will be guys out there just looking for an object, not a relationship, but stay away from them. Take it slow and if they don't like going slow then move on. Don't just jump into their bed the first or second night after you met them. Prevent getting together with the jerks in the world. Short answer is yes, guys fall in love.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's definitely not true, or at least in my case. I'm in love and I'm pretty sure it's a love bigger than you can imagine and I'm dead serious about it.
    Of course sometimes guys may seem like that but that's just because they're not really in love, they're just in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • You're definitely wrong. Guys do fall in love, they just don't know how to handle those feelings all the time.

Girls are difficult too. They say they fall in love but then get their hearts broken and complain about it to people that told them so. Always confusing a simple crush for being in love.

Love is not black and white.

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is a choice.
    You can fall in eros. But eros is a weak emotion based love that never lasts.

We can experience a deep Romeo and Juliet like infatuation but no matter how strong it is, it to shall pass.

The only love that seems to last is philia, but this is a cold, choice based love that lacks the romantic "flame" that women are looking for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have fallen in love twice
    Both times ended badly for me

Most guys are selfish assholes who dont respect women
    You can't truly love someone you dont respect

Sorry this keeps happening to you.
    Guys are trash nowadays
    So are a lot of girls, society in general, no one understands respect

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys fall in love. But most do not connect physical affection and love as closely as women do.

Sometimes guys feel more love than lust than the girl does. Which can lead to equally as disastrous consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean your friends are going through a lot of shit?

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like girls don't fall is love for real they just pretend.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think most of guys in relationship are not serious. But, in marital life they are serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • No we can fall in love

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a girlfriend for over. Year who I never slept with and she meant a lot to me. If I just lusted after her I wouldn't have stayed a year without sex.

A lot of guys do love girls. The thing is a lot of girls ignore these guys who would love them and do truly csre about them. If your friends are dating shitty guys who are using them then that's who they've chosen to date. You friends have a crappy taste in men.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes