Should I settle for any guy that will look at me?

So I am 25 years old and I'm definitely obese. I've been trying for years to lose it and can't seem too. I eat mostly healthy food and go to the gym and work 50 hours a week in manual labour. I go to the doctor regularly and try to keep track of my health. I have come to terms with who I am and what I look like and I try to tell myself as long as I keep trying to live as healthy as I can then that's what matters. I've been single for a very long time not that guys haven't been interested I just have never met the one that you have that something with. I never feel like guys should just be attracted to me I understand there are body preferences and that fine.

Today though ugh my dad said I'm being to picky that I should be dating any guy that would look at me. That I will be single forever if I don't learn to settle. Is he right? Will I be single forever just because I'm fat? Should I just settle?

85

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Absolutely no. You need to settle with someone you like and you feel can last, not picking someone just because is interested in you. What are you, a public parking lot for dicks? Tell your father "better single than divorced with children".

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• NEVER! Your dad needs to WAKE UP before you get handed down to wolfs. Your dad needs help! Do NOT LISTEN. Settling is the worse you can do. He is setting yourself up for failure and getting hurt. That is unwise advice! Here is what you need to understand right now:

1. Your health is top priority! Being obese is a big no-no. And it should have nothing to do with attracting men. Let me just say this: men lust. Many won't care about you in that way because they want something to lust after and they can have sex with like a dog or wild animal, and call it natural instinct. It's not natural.

2. We are in a cesspool of people who are very physical, superficial and materialistic. A person should love and value you for you. They think such matters are either boring or a fairytale and it's sweet or 'cute'. That it doesn't exist in the real world. That is not true at all. It's because they don't hold those values. So what does that mean? That you have to find somebody who holds those same values as you do. So if you want somebody to love you for you, whether thin or fat, big or small, then it will take some time. Perhaps longer than you would want. But if you give up, then you will highly regret ever being in a relationship, because you could have been receiving something much better.

Don't get me wrong. I am no way saying that you should give up or wait years upon years for something you could have already got. All I am saying is for you to stick to the plan and don't build yourself up as a person whom somebody can and wants besides desires to love and take care off. Because the more you have self-loathing and other problems, your going to make out as a toxic partner with more emotional baggage one doesn't need. And it will destroy every possible relationship you have. It's not worth it. But if you know this is something that you need, then don't give up the fight. You know what you have to do. So why question it? Remove all doubt and do what you have to do. It's not like it isn't in you to do it. You just have to keep at it until you get the desired results you need and want. You can't pay attention to what any and everybody says. Or else it will throw you off. You have what it takes, so don't give in. And don't give up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE