Would I be crazy if I traveled 3000 miles just to meet a guy I met on GTA and have been talking to everyday for 6 months?

221

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but only because I think he should come to you. The only exception is if he's covering your plane ticket, room, and board but for some reason, I don't think that that's happening.

• I’d only be going to him because of where I live is well.. boring, and where he is I’ve always wanted to visit, plus I have a passport he doesn’t, but he is covering a place to stay etc 😅

• I've seen a lot of these types of things turn bad to be honest, but I’ve tried the whole “meh it won’t work out” thing for years now, and decided maybe just this once wouldn’t it be worth the risk. I mean he could just sleep with me then leave, or it could be something so much more.. it is quite worrying with everything bad that could happen, but I feel as though I gotta take a risk in life eventually

• No, I get it, and I love taking risks. I just wish it was a situation that seemed more in your favor. I've done my share of online dating and I've done pretty well in my career which has allowed me to do crazier things (e. g. "Hey, let's go to New York this weekend and see a Broadway musical together!"), but to me, that's different. That's me setting something up where if we end up not getting along, we still have those Las Vegas shows and dinners to rescue the weekend. Anyway, I will say nothing more! Good luck. ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not "crazy" by definition!
    Haha.. but no.. I don't think that it's anything extremely crazy. Sure, the distance is a pain.. But it's not all about the distance. This question got me curious about how far I am from my SO and I'm about 935.6 miles away, give or take.. according to google. Somehow.. my SO feels further away than my half brother who lives about 2,281.2 miles away.. again, according to google. I talk to my SO much more than I do my brother.. so it's weird that it feels that way.. But! You two are obviously very close and have a deeper connection that not many have, and I totally understand that! Technically, even though I met my SO a year ago.. we've only been actively talking to each other a bit more than six months.. which is really weird to think about.. time flies! Of course, you probably already know this and are tired of hearing it, but make sure you aren't being catfished.. be it a facetime or Skype call and you can see each other's faces and it's not simply knowing him through pictures and messages. Just to be extra safe! Also, when you meet, I suggest meeting in a public place like a restaurant, or a coffee shop! Just a little pro tip for ya :)
    I hope this helps!!

• Thank you! Yeah I know all about catfish, made sure it wasn’t gunna happen at the very start 😂

• You're very welcome! And of course, I can tell you're a smart cookie! I had to make sure though! :) Best of luck for ya!!

• Thanks for MHO! I hope all goes well! :)