Would I be crazy if I traveled 3000 miles just to meet a guy I met on GTA and have been talking to everyday for 6 months?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but only because I think he should come to you. The only exception is if he's covering your plane ticket, room, and board but for some reason, I don't think that that's happening.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’d only be going to him because of where I live is well.. boring, and where he is I’ve always wanted to visit, plus I have a passport he doesn’t, but he is covering a place to stay etc 😅

• Show All
    • I've seen a lot of these types of things turn bad to be honest, but I’ve tried the whole “meh it won’t work out” thing for years now, and decided maybe just this once wouldn’t it be worth the risk. I mean he could just sleep with me then leave, or it could be something so much more.. it is quite worrying with everything bad that could happen, but I feel as though I gotta take a risk in life eventually

• No, I get it, and I love taking risks. I just wish it was a situation that seemed more in your favor. I've done my share of online dating and I've done pretty well in my career which has allowed me to do crazier things (e. g. "Hey, let's go to New York this weekend and see a Broadway musical together!"), but to me, that's different. That's me setting something up where if we end up not getting along, we still have those Las Vegas shows and dinners to rescue the weekend. Anyway, I will say nothing more! Good luck. ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not "crazy" by definition!
    Haha.. but no.. I don't think that it's anything extremely crazy. Sure, the distance is a pain.. But it's not all about the distance. This question got me curious about how far I am from my SO and I'm about 935.6 miles away, give or take.. according to google. Somehow.. my SO feels further away than my half brother who lives about 2,281.2 miles away.. again, according to google. I talk to my SO much more than I do my brother.. so it's weird that it feels that way.. But! You two are obviously very close and have a deeper connection that not many have, and I totally understand that! Technically, even though I met my SO a year ago.. we've only been actively talking to each other a bit more than six months.. which is really weird to think about.. time flies! Of course, you probably already know this and are tired of hearing it, but make sure you aren't being catfished.. be it a facetime or Skype call and you can see each other's faces and it's not simply knowing him through pictures and messages. Just to be extra safe! Also, when you meet, I suggest meeting in a public place like a restaurant, or a coffee shop! Just a little pro tip for ya :)
    I hope this helps!!

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! Yeah I know all about catfish, made sure it wasn’t gunna happen at the very start 😂

• You're very welcome! And of course, I can tell you're a smart cookie! I had to make sure though! :) Best of luck for ya!!

• Thanks for MHO! I hope all goes well! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Depends on where you meet up. Never at a private dwelling. But if you have video chatted with him and you think everything is on the up and up, go for it. Just meet at a café or a public park. And don't go with high hopes. Go with your guard up and don't you dare go back to his place. If you want to spend the day together, keep doing different things, but don't be alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you like him and want to see him no I don't think so. And you've been talking for 6 months. Like, it's "unusual" in that I'm not sure how many people would do it, but I don't think it's crazy or weird. I think it's kind of romantic/hot actually.

I find it interesting the people that have made the comment that HE should go to you! Like, what's the difference who goes to who? I don't get it? Why is it OK for him to but not her?

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol. I think no one will attempt to do it. If you are up for the guy yes. If you are up for something new, yes. And if you are unemployed definitely yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Crazy? Maybe. But what relationship worth having doesn't have some crazy stirred in. Just be safe. Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but this is the kind of thing love does... Just come back in one piece

2|0
    0|0
  • 6 months? That's not a lot of time... I have had a friend for over 8 years and we've only met once and he lives 2 hours away...

0|0
    0|0
    • you're also 15 and probably dont own a car 😒

• Show All
    • Lol, who you foolin? We both know thats too much work.

• Not really... Just wait on a train that goes to the capital jump off at the city before the capital. Take a bus which goes down to his town. After next semester I'll have to take the bus every morning to go 40km to my school... As I'm gonna go to high school next year. And I'm not choosing the shitty one in my city which doesn't even have the major I want...

• Love gta, and no if you really like him it’s not crazy

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes 100% nuts

2|1
    0|0
  • Nah, not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, not if you feel a connection with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not crazy just bring someone with you

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

2|0
    0|0
  • No, we have just one life, enjoy and try! :)

2|0
    0|0
  • No. And it depends where u live and where he lives

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends, if he's good why not

1|0
    0|0
  • You go get that dick girl!

1|0
    1|0
  • Yea let him travel