Why would you deliberately not reply to messages?

If you've done it for more than one of these reasons, pick the most frequent reason and comment any of the others. Also interested to know if anyone never ever does this.
  • As punishment
  • To deter them from contacting you again
  • To appear more busy/challenging/mysterious
    Vote C
  • To measure their interest
    Vote D
  • To weed out the "weak"
    Vote E
  • Lack or loss of interest
    Vote F
  • Don't know what to say
    Vote G

92

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on who really. Most of the time I don't reply fast because I don't feel like to if it's about regular conversations.
    If I suddenly leave during a debate it's because the opponent is being disrespectful/ stays vague after mentioning/ circulating/ no arguments/ making up stuff or simply isn't honest, it makes me feel tired and basically drops the mood to write something back.
    If someone starts a conversation and I leave him or her on read it's because I'm not interested.
    If I get very late replies that as well makes me less interested to write something instantly back.
    If I reply dry and take time it's because I'm mad or sad.
    It happens that I reply late because I'm VERY busy (since I'm basically almost always busy, just know how to multitask) but that's not often.
    I don't really reply late to 'weed out the weak', as punishment, contacting thing and stuff. Sounds childish. I just reply depending on my mood and the person.
    If I'm interested enough I won't reply with a single word.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Lack of interest or being upset with the person are the most common reasons for me. Or if I just don't want to talk to anybody.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE