Does being attracted to men with a strong socioeconomic status make you a golddigger?

There seems to be a debate on what exactly makes a woman a golddigger. Some people believe that a golddigger is someone who dates rich men solely for his money without caring about any other personality trait, while some people believe that simply having the desire to date rich men even if you like other qualities about him is enough to be labeled as a golddigger. Others disagree with the latter.

What do you think? Is having preference for rich guys golddigging?

220

Most Helpful Guy

• When your first criteria when meeting a man is to know the size of his wallet, you're a gold digger.

When you won't date the perfect man only because he has an average wage, you're a gold digger

When you expect your man to buy you expensive things every time, you're a gold digger

• Do you believe that money is important in a relationship?

• Well managed money yes, if not conflicts will appear for sure. One does not have to pay for everything for the other one. Both have to assume their half in the house

Most Helpful Girl

• Who doesn't want a stable future? If you're looking for a guy who is financially strong and has a good personality, in my opinion, that doesn't make you a gold digger. If he knows what you were looking for before committing to him, trusts you and is ok with that then society should not have a problem with your relationship. If the latter in your question was the case then all the rich people are being cheated on.

• I agree. Do you believe that a woman’s financial status has any relevance on whether or not she is a golddigger?
      Some people are saying that if a woman is broke but wants to date a rich dude even if she loves his personality, that she is a golddigger. Do you agree with that?

• Her own financial status can not define her way of thinking.
      And no, not at all! People who say that even if she loves a wealthy guy's personality she's a golddigger, they're narrow minded if you ask me. If a girl is interested in a guy solely because of the cash then that is gold digging for sure.