Does being attracted to men with a strong socioeconomic status make you a golddigger?

There seems to be a debate on what exactly makes a woman a golddigger. Some people believe that a golddigger is someone who dates rich men solely for his money without caring about any other personality trait, while some people believe that simply having the desire to date rich men even if you like other qualities about him is enough to be labeled as a golddigger. Others disagree with the latter.

What do you think? Is having preference for rich guys golddigging?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When your first criteria when meeting a man is to know the size of his wallet, you're a gold digger.

When you won't date the perfect man only because he has an average wage, you're a gold digger

When you expect your man to buy you expensive things every time, you're a gold digger

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you believe that money is important in a relationship?

• Well managed money yes, if not conflicts will appear for sure. One does not have to pay for everything for the other one. Both have to assume their half in the house

Most Helpful Girl

• Who doesn't want a stable future? If you're looking for a guy who is financially strong and has a good personality, in my opinion, that doesn't make you a gold digger. If he knows what you were looking for before committing to him, trusts you and is ok with that then society should not have a problem with your relationship. If the latter in your question was the case then all the rich people are being cheated on.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree. Do you believe that a woman’s financial status has any relevance on whether or not she is a golddigger?
      Some people are saying that if a woman is broke but wants to date a rich dude even if she loves his personality, that she is a golddigger. Do you agree with that?

• Her own financial status can not define her way of thinking.
      And no, not at all! People who say that even if she loves a wealthy guy's personality she's a golddigger, they're narrow minded if you ask me. If a girl is interested in a guy solely because of the cash then that is gold digging for sure.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I think it depends how high on your priority list it is. I mean most girls want a guy to be at a certain level, but its not usually the money they're attracted to. If your attracted to him because he has money your a gold digger. If your attracted to him because he's smart, hard working and ambitious, which would also normally result in him being rich, your not a gold digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wanting someone with a lot of money while not bringing similar finances to the relationship yourself is a gold digger.
    Being interested in someone because they are financially well off when you weren't interested in them romantically before finding out about their finances makes someone a gold digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're probably a gold digger if your main goal is to sleep with him and then try to leave the relationship via divorce, lawsuit, or him dying and you getting the will. If you sleep with a man because he's rich because you see that as an indicator of strength, then it gets more into the grey area

0|0
    0|0
  • yes that is gold digging. if them being rich is your priority, it doesn't matter if you "also like other stuff about them" it still makes you a gold digger in my book.

actually lets define it in that way: if you are specifically looking for a man that is able to provide way more financial support to a relationship than you ever could, then you are golddigging.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your input. While I believe that money is not the most important thing in a relationship, I personally believe that it takes more than just love to make a relationship work and money is extremely important in a relationship. A good personality and good looks won’t enable you to pay bills or buy a house.

Then again, lots of people on this thread are providing a wide variety of different opinions. I’m looking forward to reading them all.

• Show All
    • Not necessarily. A man is entitled to have any preferences and going after that particular preference doesn’t make him shallow or superficial. In your example, wanting to date a woman with big breasts is not superficial as long as it’s not the ONLY reason he’s dating her. If he came across a woman with DD’s and decides to date her because he is attracted to her breasts AND personality, that’s not being superficial in my book.
      Physical attraction is also very important. So to answer your question, it does matter whether or not he likes “that other stuff” about her.

• ok, i think differently. for me, when a preference for big boobs completely excludes small boobs from your dating pool, then you're superficial. it's your preference and not a bad thing but it's still superficial.

same with prefering wealthy guys. if you don't even go for the ones with "normal" or even small income, then you're still a gold digger.

liking someone "for the other things also" is worth nothing in my opinion if you can't even look past the one thing.

• Yes, but only if that is literally the only reason you're attracted to him. If you actually like him as a person, and also think he's handsome or hot or whatever, and he also *happens to be* wealthy, then no it doesn't make you anything other than normal.

If you are ONLY attracted to his money, yes, you're a golddigger.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m essence, you believe that as long as there are other traits she admires about this rich guy besides his wealth, that she is not a golddigger?

• Yeah, correct.

• The latter is basically every woman, so not gold digging in my opinion. Gold digging to me would be just for the money, like marrying an 80 yr old before he croaks, or a fat ugly lawyer. Women all want financial security. So do men.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are ONLY in it for the money then yes. If you like genuinely like them and they happen to have wealth no. I understand the want for money, but nothing over the top simply for your own gain.

0|0
    0|0
    • In essence, you believe that as long as money isn’t the ONLY thing a woman is after, then she is not a golddigger?

• If it's not the main priority, and that's not the majority reason theyre seeing someone, then yes. If they

• Of course it does but theres’s nothing wrong with that; it is your nature to desire a man with resources. It’s similar to how men desire young, attractive females.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is normal to be attracted to successful people. But if the sole reason to date some one is to get access to their money, then that is gold digging.

0|0
    0|0
  • A golddigger can be defined by her actions during financial hardships. Usually golddiggers leave their partner the moment there's no money anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• For me a gold digger is someone who dates someone only for the money. For example a 25 year old with an 80 year old billionaire.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes