Me and my co worker both really like each other. What should I do?

So I started my job four months ago and as soon as I met this guy I knew he liked me and I liked him back. I'm on a apprenticeship at this company and he's training me, were both the youngest people at work so we both have to prove are self more than others and if he does a good job of training me, he's going to be promoted to be my manager so it not gonna look good if we start dating.

It's a very small company and we have a very laid back atmosphere at work, some other co worker's even joke that we should date, were practically like a small family and we have two married couples at my work but one is the boss and his wife and his best friend and his wife who are in much higher positions then me and him.

He's planning on going in the army in a couple years so it's kinda like a now or never situation to date him and get to know him more because before I know it, he could be in the army and I'd hardly see him. I've also been told by my family I shouldn't date a co-worker and it's a bad idea but we really like each other and as much as we try we can't turn off are feelings for each other , I hate to think of him with another girl and I have never met a guy as amazing as him before and I don't know what to do it's not even like we can keep it secret because his uncle is the head of HR.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• shit or get off the pot
    Go for it if you don't ask you don't get
    he could be thinking the same as you

1|0
    0|0
    • thanks for MH
      How did it go

• Honestly I haven't had any time along with him lately so I haven't said anything but me and my work are going out to tomorrow for drinks so I don't know if it's a good idea to try and talk to him about it when we go out

• sure give it a go
      but maybe test the waters first see how the date is going

Most Helpful Girl

• You should go for it but keep it casual and of course only outside the office, I wouldn't get too serious or things could get messy

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Dating coworkers can get messy if it goes wrong but if he’s going in the army then go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • put the work aside , If you want him then let him invite you to a date then grab the chance

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like the job and are going into the field, don't. It's not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a big distance in like n love. You should talk with him about your feelings

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • If u like him go for it. Or you'll lose him

1|0
    0|0
  • Dating a coworker is always a bad idea

1|0
    0|0
  • fuck there brains out

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy now the time you have

0|0
    0|0
  • go for it what's the worst that could happen?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• You'd probably regret not doing it and if it doesn't pan out if you do it then he'd be off in the army soon anyway and a little awkwardness is better than never seeing if he likes you the same way. The fact that your co workers already joke about it is a good sign too bc they'd not be surprised if you chose to start dating him

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's against your work policy it's wise not ignore those feelings and not just think about yourself. Plus it wouldn't be wise to date somebody who is going to the army. And yes, you can turn it off. But the fact is, you don't want to. You want to be with this guy and you will do anything to get with him. However, how are your positions going to affect the workplace? He's going to be your boss, and technically he is already. So if this is a major concern, please talk to your bosses about this privately and see what they say on the matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • You. It's like each other, go for it!

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister met her boyfriend at work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that love can't be stopped

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea. Don't shit where you eat.