He wants to go with the flow? What does that mean?

What does this mean? We have been friends for years, long distance but we do meet up, it's always been a platonic friendship until last April when we started opening up and flirting. I wasn't sure what he wanted from me because these days guys only seem to want one thing so I wasn't sure if he wanted that or more.

Finally after all this time we had the defining the relationship talk to find out what each other wanted, it turns out he feels the same way about me, he likes me and he's been confused what's going on between us too. He said I'm worth more than just sex, he wouldn't do that to me (like I said we have known each other YEARS), he thinks I'm smart and unique and the full package but he wants to see how we are and 'go with the flow'.

I won't get to see him for a couple of months but obviously if we got together we would make more effort but what does go with the flow mean? Dating or what?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• He just wants to go however he feels at the moment

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly want to say it seems like he’s sparing feelings. You say feelings and other stuff was brought into the relationship in April... it’s January. Technically y’all have been “going with the flow” the entire time especially if sex was involved. He says he likes you and you’re the full package but wants to see “how we are”. Like I said previously, it’s been going on since April and he should know everything he needs to ESPECIALLY if y’all were friends for years prior.

He’s not interested in a relationship. He’s either not wanting to hurt your feelings and ruin the friendship or keep benefiting from you in other areas. I know from experience and hearing/ seeing others stories, a guy would list every reason why they like you and want to keep you around like you’re just the perfect person but still find a reason to say he doesn’t a commitment with you now or never when he’s benefiting from you whether it’s emotionally, sexually, or financially. Don’t allow yourself to be strung along

• We have only met up once in that amount of time because he lived in another country that's the only reason for the super slow pace I believe, it makes it really hard to know what's going on