What if your partner is stingy?

Mine is. He is very rich and takes care of himself well. But when it comes to me, seems like he's trying to spend as little as possible. Couple of days ago he got me a gift, first gift ever (he didn't even buy me one for my birthday) - it worths literally 2 dollars. Or for example, a while ago we went out with my best friend, he was spending money on shots (for himself) and tips, but in the end of the night he said to me "Your friend will give me money for her food, right?". Isn't this a total turn off?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean I guess he does work for his own money- but if he's spending $98 of every hundred dollars on himself and the other $2 on you pretty much every single time you guys go out than that's a bit rough. How the hell is he going to act when he's married and has a joint account?

As far as paying for your friend, while he's not entitled to pay for her food- if he invited her to come along or previously said he would cover the tab, etc. then I would see where that could be a problem. I'd say that level of stinginess in unattractive and unappealing

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well he's not entitled to pay for your friends food... Js

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If he's very rich like you say he sounds very mean. Nobody likes mean, stingy people - yeah, it's a total turn-off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have always been of the opinion that if you can't afford to share a hobby / habit, then you can't afford it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until you get the multi-millionaire level, I find the more money people have the more reluctant they are to spend a dime of it
    It won't change either

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re complaining he didn’t buy his partners friends dinner? Why would he do that?

He’s probably sensitive to people trying to leech off of him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, he's not entitled to pay for me either. It's a matter of your willingness. But it says a lot about you. I never act like that with my friends. We never split the bills 50/50. If this time I'm good with money I'll be happy to pay, next time my friend will pay. That's why this is odd for me.

• Guys with money these days have a reason to be weary of women.

Are you as wealthy as he is?

How wealthy is he, what kind of car does he drive?

0|0
    0|0
    • He's owner of several companies. I'm an artist and right now in debts.

• yeah i would be weary of you if i was him.

his fortune could get cut in half in divorce court.

Plus you really dont have anything going for yourself and you are in debt. He probably thinks you're a gold digger of some sort

• He sounds like an ass... You might want to think about dumping him

0|0
    0|0
  • It won’t change so you have a decision

0|0
    0|0
  • I would hate that...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes