What do you expect to find on dating websites/apps?

It seems to me that the expectations of both genders as to what they find on dating apps is a little... optimistic.

Women complain about men who are thirsty and low value or somewhere on he autism spectrum.
Men complain about women that are flakes, never respond to their endless charm or are ugly.

Im sitting here thinking, all the genuine relationship material girls and guys are already in relationships or at least are surrounded by other eligible people in their lives already through work or social circles (although this is anecdotal).

So what type of people do YOU expect to match with you on a dating site? Why do you feel they should “choose” you?

2318

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had relationships from them before, when i used them that is exactly the only thing that i was looking for, but there are so many desperate strange people that use them it hard to actually find something genuine and worth while, i'd never used one you pay for so i don't know if they're any better or not assuming they might be.
    I never expected to get chosen :P i just hoped i'd meet someone i clicked with, which i did but it didn't last and it did take many months before i found that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used three websites. Never worked. BS to me. I thought I would fine her. But nope. Just crap. Wasting money on the net.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE