Why does my boyfriend disappear during arguments?

He will just not replying to my messages for several hours. Sometimes, he will say “you clearly are not happy. So just break up with me”. But, that isn’t what i want. Also, sometimes he will reply to me the next day, acting like the argument never happened. This confuses me so much? This also frustrates me. I know he is using his phone though. Because he will use social media

16

Most Helpful Guy

• You clearly are not happy. So just break up with me" he's pushing you away before you have the chance to do so with him. It's a defense mechanism. Albeit sounds a bit like a pity party but it's mostly defensive. He probably just doesn't like confrontation.

• He has mentioned it so many times. Sometimes he says “ok we’re done”. And then I’ll say “if that is what you want. I understand”. Then he gets mad at me. And says “no, this is what YOU want”. Which is not true !!

• He gets defense when i try and say “x y and z happened. It made me feel hurt”.

• Doesn't seem like he wants to fix problems, just avoids them and hopes they resolve themselves. Don't put up with bullshit

Most Helpful Girl

• When I'm angry I tend to say things out of anger that I don't mean so I would usually ignore my partner.