Why do some girls get upset over the guy I'm dating?

My boyfriend is by no means a male model. He doesn't look like an actor, and he wouldn't be caught dead in skinny jeans. He's a big, burly man, and one of the sexiest guy's I've ever met. The thing is, I've noticed that some other girls get upset when they see us together. I've even had girls say things to me about being with me. This girl standing next to us with her boyfriend at a concert turned and asked me, "do you know him?" I don't get why other girls care who I'm with, and I also don't get why they're so butthurt over my choice of guy.
I can understand guys getting upset over me dating him out of jealousy, but not girls.
bump^^^

1