My therapist said within 15 minutes of meeting me that men are probably intimidated by me. Does that mean I’m unattractive?

516

Most Helpful Guy

• Your therapist told you something. Then you are on a site like this asking what it means. Your therapist dropped the ball. Saying something like that with mo explanation and no context does you no good whatsoever.

So no hints what they meant? Your looks? Your body language? Things you said, or the tone of your voice? Something else?

Without explaining what it meant, it served no purpose in saying it.

But one thing I'm certain of, it does NOT mean you are unattractive. If it's about your looks it means you are very attractive, not unattractive. But they are wrong about that too. The idea that girls who are very attractive don't get dates because guys are intimidated is a myth. A good looking girl WILL get hit on unless something else is keeping them away.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If your therapist has seen you for 15 minutes, said you’re intimidating then not clarified how or why that is - you need a new therapist.

In this context it likely has nothing to do with your appearance but with your attitude, personality and approachability. You should get clarification on their meaning from them, your mental health professional not from a bunch of strangers online who don’t know and can’t judge your appearance

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE