My therapist said within 15 minutes of meeting me that men are probably intimidated by me. Does that mean I’m unattractive?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your therapist told you something. Then you are on a site like this asking what it means. Your therapist dropped the ball. Saying something like that with mo explanation and no context does you no good whatsoever.

So no hints what they meant? Your looks? Your body language? Things you said, or the tone of your voice? Something else?

Without explaining what it meant, it served no purpose in saying it.

But one thing I'm certain of, it does NOT mean you are unattractive. If it's about your looks it means you are very attractive, not unattractive. But they are wrong about that too. The idea that girls who are very attractive don't get dates because guys are intimidated is a myth. A good looking girl WILL get hit on unless something else is keeping them away.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If your therapist has seen you for 15 minutes, said you’re intimidating then not clarified how or why that is - you need a new therapist.

In this context it likely has nothing to do with your appearance but with your attitude, personality and approachability. You should get clarification on their meaning from them, your mental health professional not from a bunch of strangers online who don’t know and can’t judge your appearance

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Calling it now, your therapist is a woman.
    No man would ever say "Yep, sounds like he's intimidated by you."

Are you like Scarlet Johansson or something? Because then I can see it happening.

At any rate, why are you asking US what your therapist meant? Just go ask her.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it took your therapist 15 minutes then it has to do with your demeanor. The way to talk and come across. You might be a self-righteous person. I am never wrong and you are always wrong kind of person. You could be judgmental. You could be acting entitled.. etc But I would know since I haven't spoken to you for 15 minutes

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought the same thing about how long it took. But it could have taken that long for the subject to even come up.

• Show All
    • I'm trying not to read between the lines too much. There is not enough there to work with.

• @NearlyNapping I got used to it. People love to tell me theirs problems and secrets... and its funny that most people all act very similar or have the same problem.

• Maybe not physically unattractive but socially unattractive, yes. Men like women who smile, are confident and happy. Not women who look pouty, bitchy and pissed off all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like Spongebob in that old episode where he ate that “ice cream sundae” and because everyone ran away from his bad breath, he thought he was ugly. No, you’re not ugly! Lol it just means you have a strong personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • you probably are very upfront and dominant , no bullshit kinda girl who likes when she speaks it gets done immediately. probably due to childhood and always trying to be the best ( my wild guess).

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like something you should ask your therapist.

2|1
    0|0
  • If your therapist is telling you men are intimidated by you and not telling you WHY then you need a new therapist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Therapist aren't and shouldn't be giving justifications like that...
    that's already wrong and look - it has you thinking about it now... was a jerk

0|0
    0|0
  • intimidated doesn't mean unattractive. It either means too attractive, RBF or strong personality

0|0
    0|0
    • Also from personal experience, Intimidating is not the same thing as scary. (Well not for me anyways😋) One of my coworkers was like that and while intimidating, she was still a blast to talk to, work with, and hang out with. There may be some body language, and other unconscious mannerisms contributing to that initial assessment, but obviously those are lost in translation when it comes to text. So yeah, that's my two cents. ☺️

• @HarveyOzwalt oh yeah agreed. It might also just mean unlikely to ask out for fear of rejection and etc.

• Quite the opposite

2|1
    0|0
  • No just the opposite your quite attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Pics or it didn't happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Some men can be very intimidated by attractive women, so no it doesn't mean you're unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • attractive

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Your therapist should have explained to you what they meant by that. We can't read their mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all. That means you have a strong personality

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you most likely look like a feminist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iy xan be your personality too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes