My boyfriend is very fragile and I'm not. What should I do?

I mean he's fragile in both sense of the word, emotionally and physically. I'm not really either of these, and I can understand being emotionally fragile and can support him in that. However, I recently realized just how fragile he was physically, and it was honestly shocking to me. He strained his back a few days ago, and one morning when he woke up while we were on vacation with his family his back hurt badly and he somehow slipped out of bed. He couldn't get up on his own, and his parents helped him up and then went to the store and bought him medicine. Meanwhile, he just laid there acting helpless, and when his mom came back she gave him a massage to help. He's 24, and this was really quite shocking to me. I know it really shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it did. I felt like he was a child, and it was startling. I don't know what to do, or if I'm overreacting. Any advice is much appreciated... thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have to reconsider your choice of being his girlfriend then do you really love him? It's okay to be shocked that his physically fragile, I would too even though I don't even know him. It's a normal reaction to be shocked at something you don't see everyday. Not every male is born strong. Some had histories that make us emotionally and physically strong or weak. Find out why he is fragile, could be his past or medical problems. Maybe then you can understand what to do.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly you may end up resenting him. That sounds like bitch like behavior, not masculine at all.

It is not your job to take care of any man, whether it be emotionally or physically.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Think of it this way... how long are you prepared to do it all... including changing a blowout on the side of the highway middle of the night in the snow... ditch the little bitch get you a man

0|0
    0|0
  • women like strong men. both emotionally and physically. you gotta at least be one of them. but some women like men that they can take care of like babies clearly you are not this type of woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Back strains are not a joke. He was in agony and wasn't trying to worry you by saying how bad it really was.

It happens to men of all sizes.
    Give him another chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • One question? Do you see yourself with him in the next 30 years? If he's not your type time to find a person more compatible with you

0|0
    0|0
  • It won’t change so you have a decision

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him for someone less fragile.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes