Should a girl text after a first date or wait for the guy to text?

I had a date New Years and I like him but don't want to come off to strong or seem to eager and scare him away. What are your thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, rock on for having a great evening and meeting a good guy. A little more info like who asked who out in the first place, how long before the date did the invite happen, and Yes it is actually awesome getting a text from a chick, but don't just leave it as a closed end type of text like "I had fun last night, thanks again" and expect an answer. Wait till after dinner and when people are relaxing watching TV or whatever and text a crazy, funny or cool ass photo to him coupled with a question and your opinion and you should get a reply. That's when you pounce on opportunity and give matter of fact statements, using specific things you enjoyed and maybe what he did that made your night more special. Once you have him talking and he is rattling on about whatever, you can then ask him if he wants to go with you to see a specific movie or try a restaurant or what ever. Honesty can go a long ways as long as you stay consistent and controlled yet show that you are looking for more then just friends. Treat him as you would a good friend, using that confidence and sex appeal that gets us every time.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely nothing wrong with sending the first text. Keep it light and breezy lol.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Personally, I really don’t like this modern age we live in. I feel texting is so lazy, and it’s a comfort zone, doesn’t reflect reality & relationships at all, and everyone should wing themselves off of it as soon as things matter and are meaningful where we should all have the courage to act, on things that matter to us, everyone is attracted to people who have courage and are vulnerable and I think texting is just an obstacle and delays that whole process of courtship

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm no professional by any means, but I personally wouldn't mind getting a text from a girl that said something like, "I had a really good/fun (you decide) time on our date." or something like that. It will let him know you were thinking of him and that you genuinely did enjoy being with him. Hope that helps you understand that there is nothing that screams 'clingy' or 'too much' by sending a text first. Good luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • Ask him. Honestly 100 years of feminism and the fight for gender equality, yet when it comes to asking someone out it's "the man's job". There is no such thing as "too keen" - you're either keen or not keen.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's 2018, not 1950 yknow. The guy doesn't always have to be chasing you, you could instead form a relationship based of mutual communication instead of outdated mind games, but hey, maybe I'm just crazy for thinking that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Text if you want, if he is interested he will reply. Same goes for us but heaps of questions from girls lately about should the guy call first or ask girl out first etc. A lot of guys think the same, this is probably a big reason a lot of people miss out (myself included lol)

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude aren't you to old for this Kindergarden Bs? :Das Just text him if you feel like it. I know you're afraid to scare him off if you like him but in the end he will stick around if he's into you and if not there's nothing you can do anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • make it a small text just asking something about him that you remember that personal hows your dog does your toe still hurt from stubbing it etc and dont double text until he does or not at all if you can help it

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, depends on the guy. Some guys like women who take the lead, others dont. Personally, I like a fine balance between both. When I take the lead and sometimes her. So, give it a shot but dont overdo it with the texting. Had a date once who texted me like 15times in 10 minutes... Just use common sense mkay

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy might be scared you're not interested, just don't obsesivley text him he'd probably enjoy a text.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she likes someone she's gonna text you back to say thanks and see you again... If she doesn't well... It's a good thermometer

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate people who think there should be gender roles in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong in sending text first. But if the reply doesn't comes in, time to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong in saying "I had a nice time"

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be good if u text him but don't over do it if u do that he would think u are desperate

0|0
    0|0
  • You should text him "I think we're better off friends" then retract it when he replies.

0|0
    0|0
    • Silly games

• Show All
    • I texted him "Good Morning. Had a great time the other night. Hope you have an awesome day. Stay warm:)". Why would I text him " I think we are better off friends." When I want more. Thanks though lol

• Because for me, dating is supposed to be fun - you have plenty of time to get serious.

Each to their own I say and good luck.

• Tell him... He might be thinking the same thing and both of you miss out

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely text.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, she absolutely should... Like ABSOLUTELY

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Open

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Whenever a guy took me out on a date, I’d text a thank you that night or within the next 1-2 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say if you like him and you want a second date maybe you can ask him if he is still interested in you idk?

0|0
    0|0
  • Text him make the next move

0|0
    0|0
  • Text

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes