My girlfriend still wants to hang out with someone she slept with?

So I’ve been dating my girlfriend since August but before this we were literally best friend so often gave eachother advice. The guy before me she was convinced that he was the one she loved and told me that all the time. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of her control, she couldnt be with him (notably because he had another girlfriend that he has since admitted to mine that he doesn't have feelings for). I used to console her and help her ot because I genuinely felt sorry for her. Then we both started getting feelings for eachother and so on. On a couple of occasions she has asked me if she can go and hang out with him. Of course I said yes because I know that’s what she wants to do and I know it makes her happy. The thing is, I feel like she should be happy enough with me and want to spend as much time as possible with me. I told her that I felt second best sometimes and feel like im someone she’s just passing the time with but she says I’m not. It just makes me upset even to today. Thoughts?

11