Opinions on Boyfriends/Girlfriends not wanting you to be friend with the opposite gender?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• From a guys perspective, and I’ve been down this road as a guy who isn’t a jealous-type or controlling at all, and open-minded. The reality is this: if you are out there meeting people, and new friends, if they are a guy and that guy is putting out effort to hang out and “be friends” unless he is gay, he is doing it because he wants to be more than friends. It is as simple as that. Unless he is gay, straight guys simple don’t reach out and try to find girls to be strictly friends (unless they grew up with you, friends of friends, or gay). Period. Period. Period. So, guys know this, and when a girl says “trust me, that may be true but I just like him as a friend” what we think is, the girl likes guys attention, and you know what? It’s true. It’s totally true, girls know that’s up, just play stupid, it’s a turn off, and he won’t trust you nor should he

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that that's not fair. You should, as a human being, be friends with whoever you want to be friends with. I get that your partner could be jealous at some point, but not wanting you to be just friends isn't healthy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE