Guys, would you like it if a girl initiates a first kiss?

I'm just not too sure whether my boyfriend would like that. Should I wait or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't mind either way. Assertiveness in a girl is attractive, it can become tedious on a guy when the girl is always in the passenger seat waiting for her guy to initiate everything. So some assertiveness from the girl is definitely a good thing, it balances out the relationship.

1|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 96

• Any guy would want that. He's your boyfriend- you will make him very happy. if you initiate the first kiss, so don't delay!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I love it when a girl kissed me first. Seeing her confident in herself and showing she really likes me, that's just an amazing girl.

Although, I'd be teasing her about it after, just to make her smile.

My advice would be if you like the guy and he does as well, go for it.

1|2
    0|0
  • I sure wouldn't like it. I would fookin love it. I myself, I'm too shy to do something like that. I wouldn't be able to do that at all. Would be nice if a girl would do that for me. Especially if she also can read my mind. Instead of waiting for the right time or person, it could help if the other person makes the move.

2|0
    0|0
  • Life would be so much easier if girls met us half way on dating!! We can't read your minds, however we get burned if we go in for the first kiss, especially if your not ready, or your not feeling it!

Seriously... just hold your mans hand, look him in the eye and say kiss me. He will do the rest and you'll know

2|2
    0|0
    • I couldn't agree more with the first part!
      For the second part, that sounds weird. Just kiss him. :P

• Maybe more if she initiates eye contact and hand holding, touchy feelyness that comes before.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah I would, But that's because if there isn't a huge flashing neon sign telling me she's wan't me to kiss her I'm screwed. I'm terrible at cues if she doesn't knock on my forehead & say "hey dummy, you should kiss me" I won't see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • brah not just like it...
    love it lol

and it happens all the time... all you have to do Is nothing and eventually she'll be like wtf and go for it hahah... and when she does, those kisses are ohhhh sooooo amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't this be a norm? Like it shouldn't matter what gender wants to initiate. I swear guys are expected to start off everything... all the pressure seems to be on men with dating.
    Do girls just wait on guys to initiate things like this and if they don't... they assume he isn't interested?

0|0
    0|0
    • That's not the problem. In my case, that is. My boyfriend's shy, that's why I asked this question. I didn't ask it expecting guys to be the ones who initiate. Though, many girls do assume that guys initiate most things.

• I think I would rather have her initiate first so that I know she is cool with having a kiss whereas I would be scared that if I did it she wouldn't necessarily be ready for it :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont mind it. Because im terrible at taking those hints. My first kiss my girlfriend was about to leave and i think she asked. But i can't remember. Just find a romantic opening and whisper in his ear "can i kiss you?" And pull your head back slightly with a cute look on your face waiting for a reply. Me and that girl shared probably a hundred kisses and we alternated as to who initiated them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think it is more meaningful if a girl makes the move... it takes more for a girl to feel comfortable and have the courage to make the move...

2|0
    0|0
  • Like who does the asking out, there's no rule to say one should initiate things rather than the other. If you feel the moment's right and it would be well received, go for it ^_^

0|0
    0|0
  • My first kiss was initiated by a girl. I felt a little awkward because I didn't even see it coming, but all in all, it was an interesting experience and I liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Listen it depends on your boyfriend! If you feel he is really love you.. so go for it why not! Do it... Be sure that means a lot for him and he will not forget that kiss in whole life.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my first wouldn't have kissed me first, I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it. If you're dating or whatever, feel free to take some initiative.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind it. Certainly not all the time but there's no problem in showing a guy that you want him

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG. What does a man want anything more than it! I love it. Definitely I will get tears of joy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, i've never experienced that but I have no real reason against enjoying it if it happened.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm also not sure if he'll like it, but i guess it's ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would love it see when you are about to try first stand close n look into his eyes thats were wil see if he is into it causes his eye wil say it by staring at your lips

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• If you're not comfortable then you don't have to do so. But you don't know what he would like. So, therefore, the best person to ask is HIM. Not us. One thing I don't like is somebody assuming I would like something without consulting me first. Most would, some don't. Only you know your boyfriend. We don't.

1|0
    0|1
  • I think for what I remember... I made the first move... but I don't quite remember

1|0
    0|0
  • Body language ;) Will get him to make the first move without him even knowing ;) ;) ;)

0|3
    0|1
    • whaaat? 😳

• Show All
    • which yo do on purpose.. so you're making the first move. :)

• @UnaKaizen Well technically then i guess i am... but still, it makes me feel good to do it subliminally rather than physically.

• If you're like me and can't do the batting of the eyes thing and that kind of thing you have to.

0|0
    0|1
  • aww, a lot of guys say yes :) awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • does it matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • I was the first one to kiss my boyfriend first and honestly, he liked it cuz he later admitted he wanted to kiss me first but didn’t know how I’d take it

0|1
    0|0
  • It is hot.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes