Best people who can give an Advice about relationships, are the single ones, is it true?

I have been single whole my life, now a lot of my friends who came for advice about a relationship, told me that I gave them a great advice, lol I find it true.
But, when I got into a relationship I kept that way of thinking and dealing with issues!
So I guess it is true to some extent, but generally it depends on the person!
What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The best advice comes from people who know their shit, be them single or in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Single or committed, people are dimwit, dumbasses who lie to themselves and don't really care to tell the truth.

The person who gives the best advise, is a no-bullshitter, who tells the truth even if it applies to them. Not many can do that, as demonstrated on GAG.

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably single people because most of the time they don't automatically go to one side and are most likely able to see both sides of the story.
    They can probably also see a bad relationship from a mile away because when their friends are in love, they tend to overlook the warning signs but single people always see right through those people.
    They are also the ones that end up third wheeling so they end up watching how they interact.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. Being single doesn't mean you are an expert , its just maybe you are single for a reason. Sometimes its better to talk to someone that will really give you on point advice and basing their advice on their experiences. I give good advice and compliments and im not single, but sometimes yes its hard to use that advice that you give to yourself. Thats why we need someone to vent to. Sometimes people just wanna vent and they just need someone to listen to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person too and your experiences with people around you. You do give great advice! Lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol, I guess so, but even if things are perfect, sometimes it can go wrong without any reason!

• This is true, at the end of the day it’s all a part of life’s lessons.

• Yes!
      I hope it won't be painful all the time!

• Not necessarily, but there's one advantage to single people , who've never been in a relationship... they won't be biased

If a person has always been in bad relationships , all their advice is generally negative. If someone has always been in good relationships, their advice is generally more positive

Someone who's been in good and bad relationships will be more balanced by providing the positive and negative aspects of a relationship

However, just because a person has the experience of being in relationships that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be great at giving advice. It really depends from person to person.

The same goes for people who've never had kids, that doesn't mean they aren't capable of giving great advice to parents

Just coz a person hasn't experienced something, that doesn't mean they have no insight

0|0
    0|0
  • I give advice and I'm not single

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I always give good advice. :P

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it just depends on the person

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah!
      It does, but is it because I stayed that long as a single, I have learned form others mistakes?

What Guys Said 4

• I think probably you can learn from other experience?
    you love to listen their problems right?
    It's actually really simple. when people have feeling involved, sometimes their logic don't work at all.

0|1
    0|0
    • don't do it too much though. some people due to that reason become pessimistic about relationship.
      anyway it's ok if you can control it.

• Yeah, I don't give advice unless I was asked to!

• People who don't go through shit tend to give the worst fucking advice. For example, you don't ask a rich person advice on how to survive being broke... they don't know how that is... unless maybe they went through it at some point in their life.
    I won't ask someone who has never been in a relationship for advice nor ask a virgin about sex... i mean... i could do it to expand my options... but im not taking the shit too serious.

Sometimes, people get it right and it helps... sometimes, its useless... all you can do is ask to expand your options, then you pick one that works for you. thats what i do.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's true in the sense that the best Counter Strike players are your dead teammates.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't really matter

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes