Is it okay to start talking to a guy again after you rejected him?

If you changed your mind or just wanted to be friends etc.

Comment thoughts?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
What if he messages me first?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you changed your mind and want him then sure, you should talk to him.
    But if you rejected him then go offer him you're friendship it could hurt him, it's like rubbing it in his face.
    At least give him time to move on if he had strong feelings for you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• This is not an appropriate situation for friendzoning a guy, even in the unlikely event that he'd go along with that.

If you changed your mind about dating him, yes, but be prepared that he may have moved on, especially if it's been awhile. Be sure to approach him apprpriately, e. g., don't ask like you are doing him a favor- approach him as a wanted partner, a equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me after there have been some feelings established and i still get rejected your not worth my time anymore. Its hard for some guys to be friends with women they've fallen for. Especially after a break-up or being rejected. Because those feelings still reside in them and it tears them apart to be away from that person knowing they'll never have them again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well sure if he wants to be friends with you, but it's going to be difficult, maybe even impossible for him to get over you as long as you are friends. Having been in that situation, it sucks!

1|0
    0|0
    • Update: That's exactly what I did, but he's of course allowed to make his own decisions/mistakes. It might not end up going the way it did for me. Just don't give him any false hope.

• Depends how and why it happend.

It's not fair to "just be friends" with someone who likes you. Once they are over those feelings, sure, but that isn't your call.

If you're intrested then let them know but you will have to explain what's changed. At least if they have any self respect you will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why rejecting in first place?
    Thats the question.
    And rejecting what?
    If you rejected him just romantically, np.
    If you rejected him as a person, then f*** off. No offence of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy, unless I'd be blindly inove with her, I wouldn't want her to talk to me again tbh. We guys have some self-respect too. It also depends on the way she has rejected him though but I still wouldn't prefer that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, so long as you don't make any moves/ comments that could give the wrong idea or make them feel bad like bringing up relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you changed your mind that's one thing, but don't come at him with an offer into the friendzone. Fuck That.

0|1
    0|0
  • no , u should talk to him only if u really love him. u can never be friends with him and he can never stop loving u when u are seeing each other

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay to start talking to a guy whom you rejected but
    i would wonder why a girl would start talking to me after
    rejecting me. See what i mean?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its okay but dont play games. And dont have high hopes of him asking you out again, some people take rejection hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, don't play with him and give him mixed signals.

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends because either way it's still going to be a bit weird being together as friends even though it might not look like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you changed your mind but rejecting a dude will probably make him not give you a 2nd Chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • He will be very happy but don't try to play game with that person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why wouldn't it be? But be careful what your intentions are.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit cheeky but so long as you rejected him nicely then there shouldn't be an issue

0|0
    0|0
  • You made your bed. Now go sleep in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Changed your mind, maybe. Just want to be friends, no. Not after being rejected.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd recommend not doing so. You could give the guy false hope without even trying to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No, it's better to let him move on. Cuz if u talk again changes are he will think you're having feelings and playing hard to get.. eventually he will think you're leading him on

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. If he was a good friend i would not want to lose him, but keep my distance. Otherwise it would be painful for him. I would not do.

0|0
    0|0
  • First, what are your intentions? You changed your mind on what? Or you want to be just friends? It happened to me before and it's not fun at all to be at the receiving end of a break up/rejection and then gets friend zoned. My heart can only take so much so please if you have no intentions of loving me, then just leave me alone. Because it will give him false hopes that you want him now or you're just testing the waters again to see if he falls for it again... If you truly want him now, then be ready for him to be cold and uncaring at first. You've hurt him. Just prove to him you have good intentions and he will might warm up coz his feelings for you might still be there. Or maybe his ship has already sailed. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is ok.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes