Do you find it more difficult to ask out a friend or to ask out a stranger/acquaintance?

Between asking out a friend (i. e., someone with whom you're comfortable and on good terms) and asking out someone you don't know very well/at all, which one have you found or imagine to be more difficult to do? As in, which one would make you more nervous, require more mental preparation, etc?
And by 'ask out', I mean ask to go on a date with you.

81196

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't really have much trouble except for my first few times. Other than that, it didn't matter if she was a friend or an acquaintance. I am 0 for about 900 through my life and only been on four dates- three of which just kind of happened and the fourth was set up by my aunt. I have never actually had a "yes" when i asked out women, two were strange answers : 'That's nice' in which she considered it a yes but i did not, she backed out the day of, while the second was : 'I suppose so. when she actually wasn't available (she and her boyfriend were on a 'break' but never officially ended it).
    I've since decided that it was not really worth my time to pursue.

• Hold on. You've asked out 900 different people in your life?

• I'm not super well-versed on this subject, but I do think that getting to know someone is a better idea, just because it gives you a better idea of how to approach them. I would appreciate getting asked out by a friend or someone who took the time to get to know me more than I would appreciate it from a stranger. But, then I'm weird, in that I think people should go through a friendship stage prior to a dating stage.

• Okay i will keep that in mind

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely a friend, because the stacks are too high and there is so much more to risk.
    While with a strangers you can just walk away like nothing happened and you won't miss them if things went bad.