What do you think about biracial couples?

Whenever I'm out with my (white) boyfriend, I feel judged. And it's not only assumptions or just a feeling, but some girls have hit on him, saying "whites should stay with whites" or just plain rude assholes who were like "your relationship is a joke" and upon being asked why, they'd reply "people shouldn't mix races".
I'm suddenly reminded of these because today, some sales people were selling some kind of promotion for a picture thing, and this lady said "you should bring your partner next time around, we have special 40% off for couples... As my boyfriend was there, standing there, holding my arm. It was just weird and I don't know, the way she just said" oh", idkkkk it just felt judgmental.
If you see a black and white dude/dudette together, or any other "race" with another one, what do you think?

What do you think about biracial couples??
  • Ew they shouldn't be together
    Vote A
  • Mixing races!! Yesss!!
    Vote B
  • Whatever, I don't really care
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've frequently encountered this when I've been out with my girlfriend, and I just do my best to embarrass them as much as I can.

Like, you could have turned to your boyfriend and said, "hear that honey? She's going to give us a discount!" Then turn back to her and said, " that's great! Can I have my discount now please?" And then pretend that you misunderstood her offer of a discount, and see if you can get her manager involved. Basically be nancy-nice and make as much of a fool of them as possible.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • HAHAHA I should have done that 😂😂 all i did was look at him and say "hey sexy stranger, can i have yo numbah" 😁 i dont take it to heart (cause fuck me if i did) but I'll do that next time!!!

• Remember, you have to be super nice
      I mean so nice but confused about - you know, thier misunderstanding - that no one can say your not being nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so sorry you have to deal with that nonsense. Its ridiculous. Love is love, no matter what race or gender. And there are tons of multicultural couples and families out there. Brazil has a ton, and a heck of a lot of attractive people come from Brazil because of it. I am so sad that people say this kind of stuff in 2018. You have my full support as someone in a similar relationship myself.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I personally don't like seeing mixed races. It's not that I am racist, but where I am from you only see maybe 10 black people a year (black population.0012 here lol) so it's reallllllllly weird seeing black and white together for us lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • Not saying you can't be in love, and not saying it's wrong what so ever!! Just saying we only don't like it because seeing black people in general is rare... And I've never even met a black person yet and I'm 27. I guess I just assumed my whole life black people live in other locations with eachother and white people live here... Grew up that way

• Show All
    • Thanks man!

• I like the idea. I'm black and have a thing for white women.

1|1
    1|0
  • Mixed race children have a lot of identity issues. The psychological burden of being of mixed race is not something I would want my children to bear.

0|0
    5|1
    • I am pretty sure they'd be proud to have such an enriched origin

• Show All
    • I have persian and greek origins. I don't need to identify myself as any or one of the "races" and when asked what are my origins, I feel pretty cool saying it... So trust me, no pressure nor stress. if ever, the child can be brought to love itself instead of needing to identify itself to what society wants. You don't HAVE to be fully one race to feel unstressed about your origin/race

• Its more about community than its about identity. Besides, the need to affiliate with ethnic background is part of human nature. It is a requirement to do so, that is a scientific established fact no matter how many individual cases you point out that aren't like or how much relativist arguments you bring to this discussion.

• There's only ONE race... the human race. Love is unconditional!!!

2|2
    0|0
  • As long as they are in love with each other and they don't mistreat one another, then who cares what others think?

1|1
    0|0
  • From London so that is a common occurance. Fuck the haters 😁

1|1
    0|0
  • That's some crab bucket bullshit. Date who you like. They are probably just jealous.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm mixed dating a white girl

1|0
    0|2
  • They make beautiful babies!

1|1
    0|0
  • one human race

1|1
    0|0
    • To be honest I stand up for all races. Whenever I come across a mixed relationship I smile and think good for them.. because if u are with a white guy then you and him are actually taking a stand for what is white there is no colour we are all human. I say good job let the haters hate don't feel bad and don't break up with him for it.. be strong have courage and most of all don't stop loving the human race

• Good for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I see them as two people who love each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like Asian girls and I'm white

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Not gonna lie, I couldn’t care less who someone was dating. All that matters is that they make you happy, right? I know some cultures don’t agree with mixed races because their kids could get made fun of. But that doesn’t seem like that’s a concern for you guys. I say don’t care what people think and keep loving who you love 🙂

0|2
    0|0
  • I think interracial couples are beautiful and shows are far in society we are progressing. Can I ask where you live? it sounds like you love in the south or something.

1|2
    0|0
  • People are strange, they love mixed people, mixed people are considered the most attractive people yet it's still considered wrong to date out your race

0|2
    0|0
  • As long as they're happy I don't see why it should matter. Ignore the racist assholes and their hate speeches.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its two people who care for each other so I don't see a problem im all for it, its just dumb some people feel some type of way ab still today

0|1
    0|0
  • I see two people who like each other. Nothing more or less. Just ignore stupid ignorant people.

0|1
    0|0
  • What is up with that Nutella picture? Gross..

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you mean interracial?

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm mixed

1|2
    0|0
  • Good for them!

1|1
    0|0
  • Mixing races!! Yesss!!

0|1
    0|0
  • don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. I see it all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • I come from a mixed family and I love my identity. I am in a mixed relationship with a Mexican and I never feel like people are looking at us weird. I don’t see why people should care.

1|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes