Tips on hiding depression from my girlfriend?

I know the title seems weird but I'd like to quickly preface it. I've had clinical depression for the past couple of years, mainly because my parents have separated and I've had many family problems, and while I can normally hide my feelings sometimes I get into these deep lows, where I can tend to get very isolated/irritable. These "episodes" generally last a few days, however my girlfriend sometimes notices the way I'm acting and I have to try and find excuses. I can't let her know about it, since it'll make me seem weak and she'll leave me (this has happened with people I've been in relationships with before). I'd just like to find a way to effectively deal with this, so far meds and therapy haven't worked.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• get help

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Already tried meds and therapy, they don't seem to work from my experience.

• i mean i faciliity u shouldn't be in a relationship unstable

Most Helpful Guy

• a relationship without trust is no relationship.

i get that you have had people walk out, and that sucks. but do you really want a relationship where you are trying to hide the real you?

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Well I think u should tell her how u feel. If she leaves u for telling her how u feel than she's not for u. When you love someone, your "weakness" shouldn't matter

0|1
    0|0
  • Hiding isn't going to help. If she can't accept you then fuck her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont hide it, it will help both u and her

0|0
    0|0
    • Trust me I'd love to tell her, but from past experiences it never goes well.

Recommended myTakes