How can a socially awkward girl meet guys?

I’m pretty socially awkward. I can keep a conversation going usually but I tend to ramble. I also have a stutter and it usually happens when I start talking too fast.

Most guys that I’ve met who have shown interest in me have had intentions of using me. Some guys were so desperate they thought I would be easy. Nope, I’m a person with standards. I’ve been asked out on dates before but they never happened either because I wasn’t interested enough or the guy never got back to me with a time or place.

I have few friends too so going out to things is hard and I hate going alone. Online dating is hard because of all the internet trolls and bots. I watch tons of videos on YouTube of people catfishing and that terrifies me.

I am attending college. I did meet a guy there. We seemed to really like each other but he stopped talking to me for whatever reasons. I feel like I’m out of options and I’ll be single forever.

111

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like me sometimes. You just need to find a group that has compatible guys, if you're desperate there are hackerspaces full of people that don't care about some social awkwardness, since stem and by extension programming and other nerd things tend to be male dominated I think you might have a decent selection in the science, math, engineering, or failing that some nerd meet up packed with programmers is where those like myself tend to congregate.

Contrary to steriotypes these groups have many nice guys and many of those are less insecure than some think, last one of these I went to had many men who were also in shape and are really easy to hang out with. Many of these men are like you, or don't care so you may have an easier time finding a reliable man there, failing that these men have social lives and likely know "non nerdy" men you can try out.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have a passion for video games so I decided to go back to college and take game design. I love it and I’ve met a lot of guys. As I mentioned in my post that I did meet a guy that I seemed to connect with and he seemed to like me back (there were obvious clues) but now he stopped talking to me and I don’t know why and he won’t say why. So I’m dealing with that too because part of me is saying he doesn’t like me anymore and it’s making me really sad.

• But he still asks my guy friends about me which is confusing. My one friend told me he was asking about me like I was supposed to react to that

• Maybe he is a tad shy, ask him out, maybe to test one of your projects.

Most Helpful Girl

• She should get rid of that awkwardness first.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE