Is he too shy to text first?

Hi, the guy I sort of like is 19 and so am I. A male friend of mine who is his best friend told me about how this guy is like the male version of me, and that he thought I was really pretty as well. I'm interested, but I mainly just want to be his friend first because I have a year of intense studying in university ahead of me, and because I think it's important to build a friendship first.
Now, back to what I was saying, it has been two weeks since and he hasn't messaged me. He's not exactly a charmer who gets a lot of girls, so do you think he could be shy? If so, should I message him first?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you able to recognize the behavior of a shy person?