Moved on from ex but really need some help?

So, as the title says I have been able to move on from my ex and want to start dating again. However I am really worried of being brutally hurt all over again and mentally fuck me even more. I still am worried of being cheated on from the first ex (cheated many times) and I had a feeling this recent one would also cheat but just ignored it, but turned out to be true and I should have trusted my guts.

Is there any way to somehow work against this 'trauma'?
And where and how do I even start to search for a new partner due to have forgotten how to?

Just for details, I am 17 so can't go to pubs/bars and would rather stay away from those forever. I'm not big for parties and such things at all either.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I completely understand this feeling and it's literally the worst. I'm dealing with the same thing, but I've found ways to make myself feel better and put myself away from my ex. First, I started focusing on myself. It sounds selfish, I know, but it's not selfish when you just got out of a terrible relationship and need to recover. Try doing things that make you happy like your hobbies or simply going out with some of your good friends. You never know, you may start to develop feelings for one of them :) The sucky thing is, when you want a relationship the most, it doesn't seem to come as easily. Relax and let it happen on its own, I promise it will. Try being more open and don't hesitate to make moves! I'm truly sorry you had to endure a relationship where you had been cheated on... those people will receive the karma they deserve. If you really search for someone and feel in your heart that you've found someone who is good for you, it's better than rushing into something and having a higher chance of getting hurt. I assure you, you will find someone just right for you. It may not seem like it now but it's the truth. I wish you the best of luck! xx

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say focus on your life and try to make your situation better, it keeps you busy and helps you focus on something that ultimately benefits you in life.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes