Would I make you feel threatened?

I'm a simple man, I am not attractive, or an "alpha male" as you may call it.

I've recently encountered 3 events where I have a female friend, and their S. O either wants me dead, or to never talk to their girlfriend again. I do not flirt with these people, but I do talk to them a lot and I trust them as much as they trust me, a certain one said they even trusted me with her life. I consider myself a caregiver sometimes, I'm not after anything or anyone, and I repulse away from people advancing towards me 90% of the time.

If I talked to your girlfriend, and she spoke highly of me (as a friend mind you) would you feel threatened by me? Because I'm really curious shy these guys want me to stay away from them, I'm not attractive, I'm not sexually active. I'm an artist and that's usually a turn off for people. Why do people feel threatened by me?

Also I know I suck at taking pictures for posts. Would I make you feel threatened??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• no, you are one of the few on GAG that i really respect. you are very clever. I do not think you realise just how clever you are. Your animations were outstanding

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• A very nice friend of mine was also in that situation. He had a friend, a girl, and his boyfriend didn't want her to talk to him or such.
    I asked him if he did anything flirt-like and he said no, that he considered the girl like his little sister.
    So, I told him to talk to the guy and explain that. But well, some people are just... too possessive or very insecure about themselves I don't know.
    For me, even if I can understand the mechanism of their reaction, I find it kind of over the top, not to say ridiculous.
    That is sad to see, and if you already tried to tell them they are going in the wrong way, there's nothing much you can do.
    Now you need to ask yourself what will bring more negative consequences (to you and everyone involved) if :
    -you ignore the guy and continue to chat with your friends
    -you stop talking to your friends because of their guys

I cannot tell you to stop talking to them or to continue, but man, if I were in your shoes, I would find their behavior wrong and unfair. And I don't like it when it's unfair, so man, I would go talk to the guy to make him understand what is really the nature of what ties you to his girl : freaking just FRIENDSHIP.
    And if he doesn't understand and still hurt himself in the process of not trying to be introspective, well I can't do much about it. I'll just chill and continue to talk to the friend. Not everyone can or want to be helped and to understand, sadly ><

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for your story, sounds very familiar and relatable.

• You're very logical when appropriate these sorts of things

• Well I try to be ^^'
      I hope I can help, or give some stuff to think on in order to feel better :3

• Think your female friends need to take a long hard look at there boyfriends

0|1
    0|0
    • *I agree, but that's none of my business*

• Show All
    • I'm actually trying to distance myself from her, she's actually delusional and I think I would be more healthy without her company, let's just say her boyfriend might have had the right to feel threatened, but I also don't think people should act like that anyway. I think you know what I mean.

• I do know exactly what you mean

• People feel intimedated by artists. Its a thing... a few girls are out to either scratch out my eyes or murder me if they're smart enough over my guy friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I have just checked your main profile picture and you look hot there :D. What kind of art are you into?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm an animator by trade, but I've posted sketches on here as well. My profile is when I had longer hair and is a snap that was taken of me by surprise.

• Show All
    • Nah, no offense, but I barely know you.

• I'm not that kind of guy either

• I feel like your some hardcore fighter about to beat my ass up till I reach death with a bunch of tattoos does illegal drugs and smokes and drinks hella

0|0
    0|0
    • My tattoos (that I don't have) drink and shoot up heroine?

• Show All
    • Haha alright

• my snap's sketch_smith

• My current boyfriend is having a hard time with his female acting like a bitch. I invite him to have my my friends as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find you to be very attractive and mysterious in a way

0|0
    0|0
  • You look like a guy I went to high school with

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you go to Jones College prep?

• Show All
    • Do you have an answer to my question? It's not exclusive to guys y'know. :)

• I think smile and you wouldn’t seem so creepy. But you definitely seem like a guy id like to get to know. But you probably wouldn’t make me feel threatened

• You look moody AF

0|0
    0|0
  • You are threatening me

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't feel threatened by you, I trust my partner and if you were friends and she trusted you then so would I 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • The guys are insecure with the closeness you have with the girl

0|1
    0|0
    • What does that entail though. That they want to be closer or that they don't like me being close?

• They feel threatened not by your looks, but by the fact that you are close with them. They think you might use that to steal them. Of course this doesn't mean you are, but that's how they see it.

• Ah ok... I suppose that makes sense psychologically.

• I'd suggest shaving the bumfluff off your chin, but otherwise nothing to worry about.

'Course I might be biased 'cus I basically had the same look with broader shoulders four years ago.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know I've been trying to get rid of it but it keeps slipping my mind, since I can't grow a beard I'm trying to keep it trimmed.

• Show All
    • I guess that makes sense, I just can't imagine someone picking me as some sort of rival/or anyone comparing themselves to me. In a sense of "you could have picked anyone"

• People only see what's on the surface, they don't know how confident or self-assured a person is (or isn't) at a glance.

• Threatened? No. Not even a little bit. In fairness though, I've been told that I'm pretty icy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You look like you have killed before with those eyes and stare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you look threatening? No. It's all about your attitude and the vibe you give off.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah don't worry I'm not asking if I look threatening, I know that I'm not intimidating.

• Not even a little...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in the slightest :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes