Is it possible to fall in love with someone you haven't met?

Do you think it's possible to fall in love with someone that you haven't met in person? There's this guy that I met through IG and then we started talking over SC and we've texted & talked otp. We've been talking for a while.
I told my friends that I was falling for him, but they said that's not possible since we haven't met up yet. They think that I'm just in love with the idea of wanting to be with him and just being able to talk to him, not necessarily in love with him. Are they right or is it possible?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You are in love of the love

You don't really love him
    Just love you the idea of be with him
    Meet him and see what happens

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I couldn't

I need to know a guy on a deeper level before I fall in love. I need to know his qualities and flaws. I need to know his true character , before any feelings develop at all. And it's impossible to know a person's true character until you see them in real life situations and circumstances, over a period of time.

When you chat to someone online, you build up an image of what they are like in real life, and how your life could be together. It's only the illusion you've created in your own mind that you fall in Iove with. It's impossible to know who they really are via online communication

So really, all you're in love with is a fake persona you've created yourself.