Do you think it is racist if you're not attracted to other ethnicities?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. As long as you don't go around saying bad things about them and point out all these things you don't like about them

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would it be considered racist? It's like saying if a man likes/prefers another man then he is sexist to women.
    It's all about "taste" and attraction with each other. There isn't a right or wrong for this.
    Lemme put this in perspective. I'm an Asian and I never thought I would date or be attracted to anyone not Asian but my last relationship was with a beautiful African American woman.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some people would argue that it is sexist. You're discriminating who can be your partner based on their gender, are you not?

• Show All
    • Therefore - equality disparity is on an individual basis and it is our own responsibility to fight for ourselves.

• Mmm I agree with that. You can force a consensus on people only if they can see benefit in the cause.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• No, it's not racist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope just a preference

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Nobody should force/shame you into being attracted to somebody that has qualities you are not interested in. It's purely personal preference, and there are always people out there who will be attracted to the people you aren't.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think there should be diversity dating laws?

• Show All
    • Oh so you're sick. Get well soon - you sicko!

• Thank you! haha

• No. You aren't fat shaming if you don't like big women and you aren't gay bashing if you aren't bi. It isn't slut bashing to not date a woman who has slept around. It isn't xenophobic to prefer your own culture for a relationship. That No Discrimination policy doesn't apply to dating. You like what you like.

0|0
    0|0
  • The chances that someone is unattracted to an entire ethnicity is highly unlikely, they just want to date that ethnicity which is still completely fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, We are attracted to what we grew up with and feel comfortable with.. Now if you date exclusively people not of your race, it might be a fetish.. .

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is it's a good racism. This is the sort of thing that protects races and cultures from destruction.

0|0
    0|0
    • What other types of good racism are there out there?

• Show All
    • Preference for ones own group is all that comes to mind, it's the racism practiced by the NAACP or Anti Defamation League. I see no problem with it and it seems beneficial.

• I think you've made some smart points.

• Not one bit. I'm not attracted romantically to white, black nor Asian women, but I'm not racist to neither ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm the most non-racist person on the world, but I'm not attracted by most of the non-european (or American ) ethnicities

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're too white then obviously I won't be attracted to you. Black, mixed or exotic only 4 me

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That's not the definition of racism.

0|0
    0|0
    • What discriminating if someone can be your partner based on their race?

• Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes