Girls, I'm scared to start dating. Should I even try?

I'm not the tallest by any means for a guy. 20 5'6... After I broke up with a girl I made the mistake of searching the internet why it happened and height was something I never considered. This has made me really insecure and I never realized how much negativity is out there for short guys. I've never been bullied for my size and I am around friends that accept me. Most of my friends are always out with girls but I'm never the one getting great matches on tinder. Dudes tell me I'm amazing looking and have changed a lot. I don't know many girls so this could be the problem. But again I think my height is the only reason I'm never with a girl. After reading online I'm honestly scared to go out and try dating because it seems that women are that superficial and unaccepting for one trait I can't fix. Am I just overthinking this or should I be legit concerned to die alone because I am biologically incapable? What is one trait that girls are freaking out about that the internet blows that is similar to being a short man? I can't find that trait! Just be frickin blunt honest
  • Yay
  • Nay

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm sorry about that but I'd be happy with that height. Although many want tall men it doesn't mean all. I'm sorry bullying and internet talk has affected you so much. I do actually hate when people think or say they're going to die alone when they're only 20 though. Guys tell you you look amazing? I can't see why they'd be saying anything other than the truth. Again I see so much online about height but it's not all of us. Esp us (girl) shorties. And if you have a brill personality or other things... Charm lol humour or something you're really passionate about in the end personality and connection and values are what make people stay. Especially when you get older.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ya know I've thought about it a while. I've never experienced this "heightism" crap or whatever they call it mostly because I'm confident and people respect me for who I am. Hell I had a friend tell me I wasn't that short so obviously people remember me as taller. I honestly think the internet is overly hostile on the subject. Looking back my father has surpassed everything the internet claims short men can't do. Hell I know a dude shorter than me that has been married twice. I'm crossing my fingers right now that I'm in another growth spurt as I met up with some hs buddies that were once taller than me when we graduated! I think my best bet is to avoid the internet on body image issues when my insecurities kick in. I just didn't know people were being bullied about this stuff!