How long do guys wait to contact a girl after a date?

How long have you guys waited?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Pick-up to first date: under 48h
    After I just picked her up on the street, around 48h. So I will call her the day after tomorrow. Dependind on what we've talked on the street, I might call her sooner. Putting time between you two does nothing to help your "thing", but quite opposite: makes her think you are an insecure shy guy or either she's one of your other 14 dates this week.

2. After the first date: any decent time of any day
    I impose no other restraints on calling other that the call has to be placed at a decent hour of the day. Calls at 03:30AM are highly uncalled for.

2'. After the first sexual encounter: the next morning
    Supposing you had a great night and you sleep separately pe having just split in the morning, I like to call her around 09:00-10:00 in the morning to tell her I enjoyed last evening/night. That builds up her confidence. The thing is that if you tell her while you're having sex or sometimes even right after, you somehow throw yourself ar her. One should be retarded to NOT feel on the spot if one's partner is actually having a good (fucking) time or not.

3. From n'th date to n'th+1 date: again anytime, as long as it's still a decent time.
    For example: I called my then 1 year girlfriend at 07:00AM on her birthday to say "Happy Birthday!" and come downstairs and get her present (a pet baby husky). To this day she rubs it in my face that I woke her up too early.

Bottom line, I don't want to overwhelm her with phone calls, although I would highly appreciate if she would tell me I can call her anytime of the day (and night). Personally, I have no problem picking up the phone at night, because after the conversation, I easily fall asleep again. And I would like to meet a significant other that behaves the same, because emergencies occur in the middle of the night, too. And not "being able" to call her at that specific time is something that I hate. It happened to me to be in a different country and in need of buying a last minute plane ticket but my credit card was rejected. So... I'd highly appreciate if my SO would have problems sleeping that night because she woke up to help me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• Five minutes. I have called a girl about five minutes after we said goodbye to tell her what a wonderful time I had. I don't play those games of not letting her know how I feel and waiting so I won't seem desperate.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the date went very well, I would contact her the next day. Quick text and something to get her thinking about our next date.

Sometimes I've waited two to three days. I like giving people their space. If she really enjoyed it, the anticipation of me contacting her is something I tease her with. As I've been told it drives her crazy, but I'm always planning something for her in the meanwhile. I know she and I are busy, so I wait a bit to contact her.

0|1
    0|0
  • At the end if the date, if I like her and I want to go out again, I just tell her as we're saying good bye. If I'm not interested in a second date, I would tell her also at the end if the date, and would do so gently and politely.

Otherwise, I would call or text her whenever I feel like it; usually after 1 day, 2 max. I will respond as soon as I can if she contacts me first.

I like to keep a lot if things simple. Life is already complicated. Why needlessly complicate it more?

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never done the waiting thing, tho in some cases it is needed and very good for the relationship ahead... tho, I've had situations when Id walk her to the spot I have to leave at and just stand there watch her walk away... wait for the second Id feel that I miss her presence besides me... usually takes a minute or a few... and then Id text her how Im feeling... and text her about the time we had and my thoughts, never had a negative reaction

0|0
    0|0
  • Assuming the date went well I’d text her when I got in to say thank you, that I had a good time and that I look forward to seeing her again.

I have waited a couple of days before but I don’t really get the point now. Delays the next date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I waited 1 hours, to be sure she came back home safe. I don't care about the sitcom shit that tells you to wait 3 days. If you like her and the date was fun, text her right away or at least the next day (for an evening date)

0|0
    0|0
  • If I didn't enjoy her company I let her know before the date ends so she can start looking for another stooge.
    If I had a good time, I contact her as soon as I think of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Text the next morning if I have had a good time. If she thinks I am pushy so what? I'm not playing those games.

0|2
    0|0
  • ... If i want to talk to someone I just do it. When you want to smile don't you just do it. O_o whats the different

0|1
    0|0
  • The day after (well after 12pm) So I make sure I stay in her mind

Or if I really like her I'll text her to she if she got home safely tht day

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes