Anyone else give up on dating?

Honestly I’m 20 but I give up on dating like I could never date anyone ever again and honestly I don’t think I want to anymore. I’ve dated one guy in the past who I used to really like a lot and would’ve literally done anything for him and I’ve never opened up to anyone like that before but he left. Tbh I don’t think I could ever open up to anyone like that ever again. Plus majority of guys are fuck boys and most of my friends do casual stuff so honestly now I’m fhinking of just doing casual too. Anyone else in the same boat?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup dating is difficult. I have the philosophy set on friendship and locality. After high school and college there are very few things that bring people together in a social environment.

During work and depending on the type of work and how lax it is it you can have a great social interaction or lunch with coworkers.

And then after hours will be whatever you decide to do with it. Such as happy hour with coworkers or working out. Maybe you have a book club or social club or some hobby outside with other people.

And the distance the two people are willing to travel to each other is another important point. You have to be willing and able to meet up to have a good relationship at least in terms of dating. Distance and be a deal breaker because it take too much time to travel back and forth.

Well those are my thoughts. I think yes dating is hard but dating to begin with was never easy. We have a limited amount of time and we cannot spend it with everyone that we think we may like and thus it seems like dating is hopeless because we may never find the one. But if and when you do it will all be worth it, it will take time and a lot of effort and motivation to continue to find that person you love.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• There are other guys like that out there but unfortunately you do end up kissing a few frogs to find them.

And as for casual stuff been there done that, it's not what it's cracked up to be.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I know how you feel, but let yourself open up next time you meet someone. I made the mistake to wait too long leaving unfixable damage and ruining the relationship.
    But I'm tired of internetdating, always asking how somone's weekend was to just get a "good" back. She's supposed to say what she did so we can talk about it but nooo ^^

1|0
    0|0
    • I do miss someone I can randomly text with or say gn or gm to, so if you feel the same way, feel free to WhatsApp me. +32 479 19 33 72 (Belgium area code) PS: No funny business, just someone to chat with whenever you're bored of have something you can't talk with your friends about

• Honestly, I have no idea if someone is going to appreciate the effort or sacrifices I'm willing to make. Your best bet is to keep doing what you do and play it by ear.

1|0
    0|0
  • Look for the guys who aren't fuck boys. They may be more quiet and attract their attention. Once they notice, move in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, I have given up trying for now. Waiting to meet someone I truly fall head over heels for.

1|0
    0|0
  • YES but why I've only had one partner in my life I'm 27 and can't find a chill girl who could be a friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in the exact same boat anon.

I fell in love with a girl and would have done anything for her.

But I gave up now, I feel like all girls can't be trusted

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes