If you're scared of getting hurt dating describe some ways you would put up walls to not let anyone in? What does it take to break them down?

What kind of excuses would you make?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't make excuses I just say no, if she persists I just say I like my life the way it is. I don't own any woman anything period. They don't get to demand anything from me what so ever.

0|0
    0|0
    • This guy basically said he wanted ro go back to his old life of focusing on himself, his kids and work ans that he doesn't want a woman in his life. This was when everything was going great.

• That's a little different to some degree, he's involved with you , I'm talking about a situation where a woman is hitting on me trying to pick me up etc. I had a girl in a tire shop bother me when ever I came in, she hit on me all the time, even acted like she was going to cry after I kept ignoring her. If she would have gotten worse I'd have complained to her boss even took video. I don't need to put up with that shit. There is 0 excuse when there are men all over the place who would love to go out with her. I'm there for tires, and she better act like a professional.

Most Helpful Girl

• Walls should not be broken, they should be respected. I problem is modern dating period. My standards is not the standards of the world. My personality is hard to get to know as is. Who I am as a person seems to not be the desires for more men if they can't compromise your faith, beliefs and values. People don't respect relationships hardly anymore. If anything, I'm not scared to get 'hurt' per se. But scared to 'die' over something that could have been avoided. All that stress is not good for my health. I don't need another headache.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Depends what you are afraid of. Mine is the great wall of china. I will literally change the subject or force a conversation to change directions when I feel those feelings. My wall mainly consists of battling my own mind in the fear of utter betrayal occuring! (Although it's just in my head)

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls I know just avoid guys if they don't want a relationship. It takes good freinds and a guy willing to take lots of time to slowly break them down.
    Not really excuses they will say they will come or be somewhere and just not show up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is like a tall wall and the person is on the ground then as they get to know me and talk to me it's like they are climbing up eventually if they get to the top of the wall I'll let them in if they get half and stop well then I know they aren't the one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Walls. Well I wouldn't say I love them until way into the relationship. That phrase is carelessly thrown around with genuine feeling behind it. What is a relationship anyway? Just an emotional attraction to another human being.

0|0
    0|0
  • you need to date even if you get hurt it makes you stronger in the long run stop being a scaredy cat

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch Pink Floyd The Wall.
    The movie, not the album.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just focus on work or school and yourself
    Thats what i do

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not interested. It takes a level of compatability to break them.

0|0
    0|0
  • By ignoring every fucker in the world

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them you are not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I first started dating girls in middle school, im in college now. But I can tell you every girl I've ever dated either cheated on me or left me for another guy. At first I became very insecure because of it. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my performance in bed. I then tried to have sex with as many girls as i could to disprove this theory based on my own insecurities from my past relationships. After I was told by enough woman that I was actually good in bed I no longer felt insecure. I realized that my performance in bed wasn't the problem at, but actually all of the girls are nothing but a bunch of shallow gold digging sluts who would never be loyal to one guy. The feelings a girl might feel for a guy may be real but those feelings will fade after the first 3 or 4 months of the relationship. Guys are not much better as a good wopping 90 percent just want sex and will tell you whatever you want to hear or even date you just to get it. The other 10 percent are virgin guys who dont know yet how evil that beautiful girl you used to love can become. So to summarize the answer to your question, my walls were put up long ago by my previous relationships and past experiences. My walls will never come down because there is nothing a girl can do to convince me that she anything more then temporary. As far as excuses go, i dont need one. When I go on a date a girl I lie and dont tell them anything that could be used against me. If they ask me about my past relationships id probably just tell a story of a random date with that girl but keep everything either as vague as possible or with false details.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Friend zone them, and if you're falling in love with someone and want to take a risk, just go tell them how you feel.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes