When should I get into his car?

Hi, so I'm 19 (please don't laugh, I'm serious as I was busy studying before) and about to go on my first ever date, with my friend's friend, so clearly, I don't understand how all this works. We've only texted each other, but not for long. Anyway, from what I've heard from others, he's a really funny, smart, and reserved type of guy. He went to my high school, and he's around my age. Again, just a cool, geeky (I like that), individual.

So, since I sort of know him, should I get into his car when we first meet? Or should I wait? If so, how long should I wait until he takes me on a drive, or takes me somewhere for a date?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• So when I was doing online dating a lot last year, I would always invite her to meet up at a public location for the first date. I know it's not all guys, but I feel like I should just take that basic courtesy to help set her mind at ease.

I feel like it's a bit of a red flag of a guy who is effectively a stranger insists on picking you up in his car, and it's a majornred flag of he wants to meet somewhere private (Some guy asked my sister to meet him at a private location for first date, like WTF?)

Most Helpful Girl

• How well does your best friend know him? Are they acquaintances, friends, good friends? If they're friends or good friends then you can trust him since she trusts him enough. BUT if you're uncomfortable getting into his car since you personally some know him well then there's no pressure to do so.